Chapter 13 - CyberCorp

TRIGGER WARNING AGAIN LADS

"Alana! Don't touch that," Kuragari yelled at me with a laugh. "You can't make me!" I said sticking my tongue out at him. As I touched the vase, it fell on the ground and shattered. I screamed. "Alana, Father's gonna kill you," Kuragari stated. As he said this the door flung open. There stood a tall man with short black hair. His bags under his eyes were heavy and he smelt of alcohol and drugs.

"WHO BROKE THE VASE?!" I squinted my eyes. I knew that I would get beaten this time. Kuragari stood in front of me.

"It was me Father... I'm sorry." I looked at him and a single tear ran down my cheek. Kuragari was 16 and I was only 13. He looked after me and protected me from our father. "Kuragari..." Our Father looked down at us with daggers in his eyes.

"Is that so?" Kuragari nodded. "Alright... Alana go to your room..." I froze. "B-but..." He glared at me. "I SAID GO TO YOUR ROOM!" I jumped and ran for the stairs to my room and slammed the door.

Downstairs I could hear Kuragari being beaten with the belt. I covered my ears with headphones and held onto my blue rabbit plushy. Tears streamed from my face as his screams made its way to my ears. The screams died down and I heard a door slam. Suddenly I could hear faint footsteps towards my door.

I held my rabbit tight as my door opened. I hear it shut and for a moment my heart dropped. Suddenly, I felt a warm sensation around me. Kuragari had come into my room to check if I was ok. I let go of my plushy and turned around to hug him. We both cried and embraced each other in a warm hug.

"I'll never let him hurt you... ok?" Kuragari asked. I nodded. "Good... Are you ok?" He asked me. I nodded, not being able to speak from the tears. He held me tighter. We slept like that during the night, not leaving each other's side. I secretly blamed myself for Kuragari getting beaten as I was the one who broke the vase. I didn't want to vocalize it though.

The next day we could hear people downstairs. We didn't know who they were so we chose not to go downstairs. Until we heard our Father's voice.

"ALANA, KURAGARI! COME HERE NOW!" After many attempts, we finally got up and walked downstairs. There was our Father standing with two men in white lab coats. One man had slightly long brown hair and the other was bald. "You'll be leaving with these men." Kuragari protested. "What? You're just pawning us off to these men?" Our Father nodded. I looked into his eyes, they were blank with no color left in them. He held a suitcase in his hand that was half open with money inside, a lot of money. "I don't want to go!" I said holding onto my brother's arm tightly. He looked angrily at our Father. "She's scared..." Before he could say anything else, the bald man grabbed me. I screamed and kicked him, but was too weak to do anything. "ALANA!" Kuragari rushed at the bald man to get me back, but he was grabbed by the one with the glasses.

My Father watched us as we were dragged away from the home we grew up in. "DADDY!!" I yelled, trying to get him to help me, but he just shut the door with a blank stare. We were shoved into a black van labeled CyberCorp and sat there, unable to stand as the van took off. I fell and knocked my head on the ground as I tried to stand up. Later I woke up in the guy with glasses' arms. He walked towards a room and set me on a bed. He sighed. "I'm sorry little one..." He shut the door after leaving. I woke up with a start. "Kuragari?" I looked around trying to find my brother, but he was nowhere to be seen. I started to panic and cried.

"WHERE'S MY BROTHER!" I yelled, but there was no answer. Suddenly, the door opened and Kuragari was pushed into the room. I ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"Alana!" He wrapped his arms around me with a smile. "Thank god you're ok..." We held each other for a while before letting go. I looked around the room. The room had white walls with nothing on it. The roof was high and when I looked up I felt sick to my stomach. The floor was grey. I didn't quite know why everything was white, but my head hurt too much to think about it. My brother walked around the room trying to figure out a way to escape. I sat on the bed the man put me on and watched my brother pace back and forth.