20| Evanescent

Disclaimer: the reviewer for this story changed. Make sure you see this reviewer's payment request. Feel free to undo the payments for the previous reviewer. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Requester tuneofhisflute 

Reviewer LyseaTales 

1. Presentation:

The book's title is interesting to say the least. It somehow gives a mystic vibe. The book cover too doesn't need any change. However, the blurb is a bit too short and lacks information or hints that it should have in order to give out basic details and hook readers to the book considering the book blurb is the main element of presentation. So far, the idea is good but the descriptions are way too short. I'd suggest making the book or even the chapters a bit more descriptive so that it gives the reader(s) a clearer idea of what is actually going on.

2. Grammar/ Vocabulary:

There are a lot of grammatical errors within the chapters. Your book is a bit inconsistent for the same reasons. A lot of sentences and phrases lack proper formation.
For example: The line, 'Fear of actually falling for someone i thought could only be found in imaginary tales', can be written as 'I thought that fear of falling for someone could only be found in imaginary tales' where the sentence is properly formed and one thing to be kept in mind is that 'I' is always in capital.

Secondly, there are major punctuation errors that cannot be avoided at any cost. Make sure you go through each chapter and rectify all the errors.

3. Character Development:

Since it is a short story, the characters too have a short and simple meaning or destiny. Alexander and Violet too have developed a lot more than I thought they would. Their backgrounds hold a clearer ground and a better point of view. But due to the grammatical error that has caused a severe inconsistency, the characters do not seem to comprehend what they are actually meant to do, meaning, their purpose.

4. Plot Development:

The plot idea is good so far. It is creative cliche that you've been unfolding till the very end of the book. I like the plot and the way of executing each word since it speaks aloud the idea or theme you are going for.

5. Overview:

Overall, you really need to work on the grammar and vocabulary part. It requires a lot of attention and needs to be rectified as soon as you can. Rest of the book is readable and good enough to continue.