Chapter 8

Flashback:

Veronica was trying to calm herself when she heard someone open the door leading to the room. It was Bruce Banner.

"Hey, hey calm down sweetheart, everything is fine. Shh," he tried to calm her down as he saw that she was scared from the past events.

,, Who are you? Where am I? I want to go home", Veronica told him with tears in her eyes.

"I know it looks scary, honey, but we'll explain everything to you," he told her as he disconnected her from the IV and put a small piece of cotton wool on her arm.

"Come on honey" he said softly as he held out his hand which she took.

Now:

The young girl was now sitting on a huge sofa in the spacious living room surrounded by the most famous superheroes in the world.

A soft and delicate blanket was wrapped around her body. Her hair was put into a simple braid.

"Do you know why you're here honey?" Black Widow asked her and Veronica shook her head no.

"Our boss received an interesting video. A video of a pool of water miraculously turning into ice on which a thief slipped," Captain America told her.

"The Talented It found out that you caused the miracle with your abilities," Clint told her.

"We have been tasked with kidnapping you and turning you into a future Avenger," Black Widow told her.

"What? You can't do that! I have to go back home, and to school, and to my best friend and..." Veronica wanted to continue, but was stopped by Black Widow's hand, which grabbed her arm.

"We know, sweetheart, but there's nothing we can do about it now," Bruce Banner told her with a sigh.