Chapter 12

Flashback:

"This will be a bit cold hearted", he told her and she she just nodded.

He gently placed the stethoscope on her back, and she shook slightly.

"It looks fine," he told her as he put the stethoscope away from his back.

"Just one last thing, sweetheart," he told her as he approached her with a small needle in his hand.

Now:

Veronica looked nervously at the injection, which was dangerously close to her.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. It will only be a small prick" said Dr. Banner as he saw the look of horror on the young girl's face.

"I think it won't really be necessary. You said it. that everything looks good", Veronica told him anxiously.

"Yes, it looks. But we also have to do a blood test. It's only for your own good. So please sit down and calm down. It'll be over before you know it" Banner told the girl and gently pulled her to sit on the examination table

"No", said Veronica and began to cry hysterically.

"Shh honey. Calm down. Everything will be fine", Banner told her, gently stroking her back.

"I'm going for someone. And I'll be back in a moment. Okay?" he said to her gently and she nodded.

Trying to calm herself, Veronica looked around to find a place to pass. which she can escape, even though she knew she most likely wouldn't and doesn't make it.

"Thank you" Banner said to someone as he walked back into the room with more footsteps following him.

Two hands gently grabbed her head as she felt her sleeve roll up.

She started to cry easily when she felt something cold rub against her left hand.

She suddenly felt a pinch and started to cry again.

"Shh It's almost over," the black widow told her.

,,All done. You did it sweetheart", Dr Banner told her as he put a plaster on the place where the needle had been before.

"Honey, honey..." The black widow began to talk worriedly to the girl, but the girl immediately collapsed.

"For God's sake," said the frightened black widow, who quickly placed the child on the examination table.

"I'm going to get the supplies and you take care of her for now," said Dr. Banner to the Black Widow, who nodded and stroked the young adolescent girl's hair.

Dr. Banner hurried out of the lab.