Chapter 11

Flashback:

Unbeknownst to her, Veronica was still thinking about the plan when she heard a light knock on the door.

It was Bruce Banner.

"Hey sweetie, can you go somewhere with me for a while?", he asked her with a light and friendly smile.

Veronica nodded fearfully, and quietly followed him up the stairs to the laboratory.

"Please, sweetie, sit on the table and lift your sleeve," he told her with a calm smile.

Now:

"What?" Veronica asked, shocked and shaken.

Roll up your sleeve and sit on the examination table. You have nothing to fear honey. Everything is fine," Bruce Banner told her in a soft but stern voice.

Slowly and nervously, Veronica sat down on the examination table and began to unsteadily lift her sleeve when Bruce returned with the pressure gauge in his hands.

"You really don't have to be afraid of anything, sweetheart. Everything's fine," Bruce told her in a kind voice as he wrapped the blood pressure monitor around her arm at the height of her heart.

Veronica sat still as the sphygmomanometer measured her blood pressure.

"120 to 80. Ideal pressure," he told her with a smile as he picked up the stethoscope he had around his neck before.

"This will be a bit cold hearted", he told her and she she just nodded.

He gently placed the stethoscope on her back, and she shook slightly. 

"It looks fine," he told her as he put the stethoscope away from his back.

"Just one last thing, sweetheart," he told her as he approached her with a small needle in his hand.