Chapter 21: The Aura Stone

"No! Toadlia!" I say.

"What did you say about the hole? You did sense a bad aura, didn't you?" Rosalina asks Lavender.

Lavender nods.

"Yes," she says.

"It could be dangerous to go down. We might never make it up!" Rosalina says.

"Yes, but Toadlia! We have to save her, or she won't make it up either!" I say.

"You're right, Peach. We can't leave her there!" Lavender says.

"I'll go first," I say quickly, jumping down the hole.

Lavender and Rosalina follow me down. We fall for a long time. The hole is very deep.

And then, we fall down with a thud. We've reached the bottom of the hole. Luckily, our fall is cushioned by moss.

I look around. The walls are dark, so dark that you can barely see them. There are bright green vines growing up the walls. It looks slightly like a forest. But darker.

It's amazing to think that this place was hidden under this building site for all this time and no one ever noticed.

"Lavender! Are you sensing anything?" I ask.

"Yes! I'm sensing a very strong aura coming from over there!" Lavender says, pointing to the right.

"OK! Let's go!" I say, running in the direction.

One of Rosalina's Lumas lights our path so we can see. I'm really glad that we have Rosalina with us.

"Rosalina, how did you hear about this place?" I ask.

"The lost Aura Stone has been written about in the legends of the Star people for centuries," Rosalina said.

"But, how did you know that it was here?" I ask.

"I'd suspected it for a long time. Lavender talking about it confirmed it for me," Rosalina told me.

"Ah," I say.

We follow Lavender's directions into a room. It is lit by two torches, but is still quite dark. But I can still see the dark green vines growing up the walls.

I spot Toadlia looking around the room.

"Toadlia! You're OK!" I say, relieved.

"Yes," Toadlia says.

Then Lavender spots something.

"See that chest over there? The Aura Stone is inside it," Lavender says.

"Are you sure?" Rosalina asks.

Lavender nods.

"In that case, try to use your power on it!" Rosalina says.

"OK," Lavender says.

She focuses on the chest, and it soon opens to reveal a shining dark green stone. It is glowing and lighting up the whole room.

"Wow!" Toadlia says, amazed.

"That's the Aura Stone!" Lavender says.

"I can't believe it... I've only heard about it in the legends of the Star people! And now I'm seeing it for myself!" Rosalina says.

Lavender picks it up. It's quite small.

"Ok. We've got it. But how do we get out of here now?" Toadlia asks.

"The legends say that you will be teleported back when you get it," Rosalina says.

"Ah," Lavender says.