Chapter 4: A look around the Mushroom Kingdom

Later on we get out of the clown car. Daisy and Yoshi stay with us. I look inside my castle. Nothing much has changed, luckily. But then I look in one room and see Toadsworth!

"Princess! Please, be good to us!" He says, in a pleading voice.

"Huh?" I say, confused at why he's so scared of me.

"You are going to rule this kingdom with the great King Bowser!" He says.

"No, I'm not ruling this kingdom with anyone but Mario!" I said.

"But Mario is dead!" Toadsworth says.

"I know. But I'm not going to join Bowser or anything, ok?" I said.

But Bowser heard me! He came in and took me, then locked Toadsworth in that room. He screamed for help, but none came. Bowser had taken him prisoner.

Daisy and Yoshi were there, they were picking Daisy's wedding dress in a nearby store. I noticed a big construction site next to the store.

"What are they building there?" I asked Daisy.

"Oh, a castle for you and Bowser," Daisy said.

"But we have enough castles around here!" I said.

"Apparently we don't," said Daisy.

I see two freshly dug gravestones nearby, with Mario and Luigi's names on. I buy some flowers from a shop, and put them next to their graves.

"Mario, Luigi, wherever you are, please save me. I need you more than ever, and I can't make it through this alone," I said.

I'm sure that they can hear me. They'll respond to my every word. I'll get saved, somehow.

I hope.

Bowser, Daisy and Yoshi have seen me. I guess I'll have to go.

"Aww, Peach, don't be all mopey! They're dead, put up with it, will you?" Says Bowser.

I saw a blue building nearby. Bowser was looking at it angrily. It was Dr. Toadley's clinic. I went in with Daisy, while Yoshi is waiting outside with Bowser. Dr. Toadley's assistant is here to greet us.

"The doctor only likes to see one patient at a time, but a special exception for you two, because you're princesses!" She says.

We walk in. Dr. Toadley is looking into his crystal ball.

"Aha, I see something. Three brothers, best of friends. Then one day a star dies. Now, when a star dies, it's star dust falls on someone, changing their life forever. The star dust fell on the third brother. It made him powerful, but also made him want to be alone. He ran away. He went to a very far away place, but his brothers still found him one day. He moved again and again, but it was no use. He tried his hardest to be as far away from them as possible, but they always found him. They loved him, but he didn't love them. Your paths will cross with those if the brothers. You have already met two, maybe all three. But the third brother will help you more than the other two. He will guide you. He will save you. And maybe, you'll save him too," said Dr. Toadley.

"Wow, I can be saved!" I said.

"Brothers? Maybe it means Mario and Luigi!" Said Daisy.

"And who?" I said.

"I don't know. Any pictures appearing, doctor?" Daisy asked.

"No. None. All I know is that your paths will cross with his, and you will save each other. That is all," Dr. Toadley said.

"Thank you doctor. That is very useful," I said, then left with Daisy.

Bowser and Yoshi are outside. They have been waiting for us all that time. I am thinking about what Dr. Toadley said to us. Maybe the third brother is Yoshi! It wouldn't be Bowser, because he definitely wouldn't want to save me, trying to kidnap me is more his style. But then, maybe it's neither if them. Maybe we don't know who the third brother is because we've never met him. But Mario and Luigi have, so maybe it's someone who they've met while saving me.

Wow, that narrows it down (not!).

They've met thousands of people while saving me. It could be anyone.

"You're quiet, Peach," said Daisy.

"I'm thinking about what Dr. Toadley said to us," I said.

"About the third brother? Yeah, I'm thinking about that too," said Daisy.

"Come on, we're going back to your castle, Peach. We can stay in the mushroom kingdom for a while. Would you like that?" Asked Bowser.

You might be confused why Bowser's being nice to me and not torturing me. Well, I'll tell you why. Bowser wants to be king of the Mushroom Kingdom. To do that, you need to be in the royal family. And since he's not related to me, he needs to marry me. So if he kills me, then he won't be king. He needs to marry me. And you see, he has always loved me. Mainly because I'm pretty. I'll tell you the story about me and Bowser in high school (yeah, he loved me even then!).

I was talking to Daisy and playing around on my phone, when Mario came up to me. I loved Mario, but my father, the king of the mushroom kingdom, wanted me to marry "royally". So I wasn't allowed to be with Mario.

But that didn't stop me.

I was with him whenever I could at high school. My father didn't want me to marry Mario only because he was raised by plumbers and not kings! He didn't care one bit about personalities or anything like that! He didn't care about me actually liking who I married and loved!

He wanted me to marry Bowser. Yes, really. And only because his dad was the king of the Koopa Kingdom, and he was to be the future one. But Bowser loved me. And it was his choice. But only because I was the prettiest girl in school!

Mario loved me because of who I am. Bowser only loved me for looks. Bowser was mean to me, too. The only person I would ever marry was Mario, and still is now.

Anyway, Mario came up to me, and we kissed. We thought that no one was looking, but actually Bowser had seen! He became bent on revenge.

I think that was the beginning of it, but it might have gone on longer.

My father died a few years ago, so now I can do whatever I like. I'm sad about him dying, but he never really cared about me. My mother is kind and nice though. She is still living, and is the queen of the mushroom kingdom.

Anyway, flashback over. I agreed to staying in the Mushroom kingdom for a while, but thinking of Mario and me at high school made me feel really sad. Bowser led me through my castle and showed me the room where we'd be staying.