Chapter 7: Daisy's birthday

We reached the place where Daisy's party was going to be held. Everyone in the whole kingdom was there. There was a table laid with all kinds of foods, and people sat at it, giggling and chattering. I joined the table, trying to stay positive and trying not to think about Mario.

Then I saw a familiar face. A princess, but very different to me and Dai. She had white-blonde hair that covered her right eye, making her look mysterious and magical. She wore a long pale blue dress, and a small star called a Luma flew by her side. She wore a silver crown on her head.

"Hello Rosalina!" I said, pleased to see my friend again.

"Oh, hello Peach!" Said Rosalina.

"So, what have you been doing today, then? Who are you going to dance with at the ball?" I asked.

"I've been buying Daisy's present. And for the ball, I don't know, whoever asks me, I guess. What about you? Anything happened to you lately?" Asked Rosalina.

"Well, yeah. Mario died, and I'm going to dance with Bowser," I said.

Rosalina looked at me closely.

"You don't seem to happy about that," she said.

"I'm not. Bowser killed him. And now I'm supposed to dance with him. What can I do?" I said, crying.

"Oh, don't worry Peach. Things always happen for a reason," says Rosalina, looking calm as always.

"But, how can I get out of dancing with Bowser?" I ask.

Rosalina is silent. She walks away. I see Birdo in the distance, giggling and chatting with Toadette. I see Daisy and Yoshi, enjoying the feast. Wario and Waluigi are there too, and they're talking to this Toad who looks quite important.

I walk over to Birdo and Toadette.

"Hi!" I say, trying to sound happy.

"Hello!" Birdo says.

"Come and join us! Remember the ball starts in 10 minutes! Ooh, can't wait!" Says Toadette excitedly.

I am dreading what's going to happen in 10 minutes, but I don't say.

"But before that, we need to give Dai our gifts, right?" I ask.

"All of us already have. Only you and Bowser haven't," says Birdo.

"Oh. Well, I better do that! Bye!" I say, and then leave them.

Daisy is sitting at the huge table with Yoshi, enjoying the multitude of cakes. She is happy to see me.

"See? Told you Bowser would let you come!" She says.

I notice Bowser coming up to us now, holding a small box. His present for Daisy must be inside.

"Here's your present, Dai," I say, giving her my gift.

She opens it, and sees the small bracelet inside.

"Aww Peach, that's so sweet! Thank you!" She says.

Then Bowser gives her his gift. It's a crown, with all sorts of sparkly gems on it. It looks very expensive. Daisy is amazed.

"Wow. Bowser, this is amazing!" She says.

She put his crown on. She didn't put my bracelet on. I walk away, angrily, but Bowser holds me back.

"Peach, the ball has started!" He says.

He leads me to the ballroom. It's very pretty, all orange and yellow with flowers around.

"Ready, Peach?" He asks.

I feel like crying. Everyone else is so happy. Dai and Yoshi are dancing, and Birdo and Wario are too. Toad and Toadette are twirling around together somewhere. Everyone is happy. Everyone but me.

But I overcome my fear.

"Ready," I say, deciding that things definitely couldn't get any worse.

We twirl around the ballroom together. Bowser looks so happy. But I am just wishing it to be over. But It'll never be over. I'm going to be stuck with Bowser for my whole life, and there's nothing that I can do about it.

Then I decide to be brave.

"Bowser, I'm leaving. I don't want to do this. Bye," I say boldly, then walk off.

Bowser follows me off.

"But Princess! Please!" He says.

"No. I don't love you, and I never will. And I'm not giving in to you any longer. I'm going," I said.

Bowser looks like he's going to cry. But he doesn't. Everyone is now looking at us. I give Daisy a "sorry for ruining your party look". I hope she'll understand.

Then Bowser's sadness turns into anger.

"Minions!" He screams.

But I had been prepared for this.

"I'm Super Princess Peach!" I say, hopping on his Goombas, killing them.

Bowser looks amazed and shocked. He cannot believe it.

Then he decides to fight me, one on one. I hadn't been prepared for this. He starts to breathe fire at me. I manage to dodge. He gives me a few punches. The first one I manage to dodge. But then the second one knocks me unconscious. I hear Bowser run off, and Daisy's comforting voice. Then everything goes white, just like it did on Mario and Luigi's death day.

About an hour or two later, I wake up, finding myself in my own castle. Daisy and Yoshi are standing beside me. Rosalina is there too, and so is Birdo.

"Peach! You're awake!" Birdo says, looking relieved.

"What just happened?" I ask.

"Well, you fought Bowser, and then you fell unconscious. Bowser ran off somewhere. Haven't seen him since. But he looked really upset," says Birdo.

"As if he cares about me," I say.

"I think he must care about you, Peach. He loves you. He wouldn't want to see you hurt," says Rosalina.

"He only loves me because I'm pretty, and if he marries me he'll have the Mushroom Kingdom!" I say angrily.

"Oh," says Rosalina.

"Anyway, I thought you had to go, Rosie?" I ask.

"I decided to stay for a bit. Luma is here with me, though," Rosalina says.

"Oh. But, what's Bowser up to?" I ask, dreading the worst.

"I don't really know. But I don't expect anything bad. Just stop thinking that everything's going to be bad! As I said before, everything happens for a reason," says Rosalina.

Then I think of something to ask her.

"Rosie, have any stars died recently?" I ask.

"Not too recently. A huge star died about 15 years ago. The dust from that dust fell on someone, I think Mario's brother. But not Luigi. This other bro. Can't remember what he's called," says Rosalina.

"Oh. Thank you!" I say.

They leave me a few minutes later. I think about all that's happened in these few days, and who the third bro could possibly be.

And I remember what Rosie said to me.

Things always happen for a reason. Well, what is the reason?