Chapter 27: The Shadow Temple

As we enter the Shadow Temple, everything is dark, which I guess is to be expected.

"I can't see a thing!" Daisy complains.

"I can help with that," Rosalina says.

She summons one of her Lumas, as uses it to light up our path.

"Thanks!" Daisy says.

I manage to look around the Shadow Temple. It appears that we're in some kind of cave. A very dark one.

"Where do we need to go?" Toadlia asks.

"Over there," Rosalina replies, pointing to a large door.

We walk through the cave, with a Luma lighting our path. We soon reach the door. It has swirly symbols on it.

"What do these swirls mean?" Lavender asks.

"They symbolise the power of Air. Now, Peach, you need to open this door. Use your key. And your power," Rosalina tells me.

"Alright," I reply.

I hold out the Cloud Bottle, and use my powers to make it float in midair. Then I push it towards the door, which suddenly opens.

"You did it!" Rosalina says happily.

We all walk through the door. And we are surprised at what we find on the other side.

We are outside, on top of a cliff. I can see the next door on top of another cliff. The two cliffs are connected by a bridge which doesn't look very stable.

"Well, you can see where we need to go," Rosalina says.

"There must be another way across...," Daisy says.

"No. We'll just have to walk across. Who wants to go first?" Rosalina asks.

There is a long silence.

"I will," I decide.

The others just look relieved that they don't have to go across first.

I walk slowly across the bridge. I really don't want to break it. I can't see the bottom of the cliff, so I'm guessing that it's a long way down. But, as I approach the end of the bridge, I go a bit quicker, and soon I have made it across.

"It's safe!" I shout to the others, who are still at the other end of the bridge.

Toadlia and Bowser follow me across. Then Daisy comes as well. Only Rosalina and Lavender are left.

But then the bridge starts to break! Rosalina and Lavender both manage to jump onto the bridge in time, but it collapses, and I can't see either of them.

"Are you two alright?" Daisy shouts.

"Yes," Rosalina shouts back.

Soon I can see them. They are holding on to the bottom of the bridge. I quickly use my powers to bring them back to the top.

"Thanks," Rosalina says.

I then take a look at the next door. This door is pitch black, with spiral patterns on it, which are shaped more like circles than the symbols for air.

"Those are the symbols for the power of the Aura," Rosalina tells us.

Lavender then uses her powers on the Aura Stone to open the door.

We walk through a dark room. It looks a bit like the cave we were in earlier, except there are brightly colored gems lighting it up.

We walk along the path, but soon the path splits into three.

"Which way should we go?" Toadlia asks.

"I don't know...," Rosalina says.

We end up choosing the path on the left. But then the path splits again.

"This seems to be some kind of maze," Rosalina says.

"Do you know the way?" I ask.

"No. But Lavender should," she says.

"Of course! Her aura powers!" Toadlia says.

Lavender uses her aura powers to take us through the maze. Once we have made it through the maze, we reach the third door. However, there is barrier which is preventing us from reaching it.

"How do we get past?" Daisy asks.

"Peach, use your powers on it!" Rosalina says.

"Ok," I say.

I use my powers to break the barrier. It's quite strong, but I still manage to break it.

"The third door!" Toadlia says happily.

"This door has the symbols for Water on it. Daisy, we need your key this time," Rosalina says.

Daisy takes out her Raindrop Amulet and presses it against the door. It opens to reveal a meadow.

"Huh?" Lavender says, confused.

"Where exactly are we?" Daisy asks.

"I don't know... Anyway, let's just continue. It's the only thing we can do," Rosalina says.

"She's right," Toadlia says.

So we walk through the meadow, until we reach a steep cliff. It has a path leading down it, but it's very steep.

"Is the path safe?" Lavender asks.

"Only one way to find out," I decide, walking down it.

"Wait, Peach!" Rosalina shouts.

But it is too late. I have already begun to make my way down. The path seems to be safe at first, but then I fall over. As I fall down I notice that a door is straight ahead. I quickly get back on my feet and run towards it. I call to the others and they come to join me.

"The final door!" Rosalina says.

"Alright," I say.

Bowser holds up the Flame Orb and opens the door. We go inside to find ourselves in a dark cave lit by torches.

"This place is creepy," Toadlia says.

She is right. I have a feeling that we're being watched as well...

Then suddenly I hear footsteps behind me.

"What was that?" Lavender says.

"I don't know...," Rosalina says.

I look behind me, and soon see who it is.

Dark Peach.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Finally found time to update! Sorry for the very long wait! Btw just to tell everyone reading this... I'm going to start another story once I've finished this one! I hope to start it by the end of the year...
But anyway, hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

❄Blizzard❄