Chapter 5

Surrounding was cold since it's early in the morning. Hyunsuk and Jihoon standing in front of a house, small house not far away from a small town. It's Saturday but both of them woke up as early as 4 am to catch up bus, ride on it in a 5 hours road trip to Hyunsuk's house.

Jihoon is sleepy and he did fall asleep in the bus earlier. He hate to woke up early during weekend but he remember that he promise Hyunsuk to bring him back to his mom. Jihoon pay for their bus fare. Jihoon actually suggest them to just ride on taxi for since it's more comfortable but Hyunsuk know it's expensive so he reject it. Jihoon have no choice but to rode bus with Hyunsuk.

Hyunsuk walk toward the door, knocking it slowly. He is nervous and excited. It's been almost 3 months he is not coming home. Today he did. He really thankful to Jihoon for helping him.

"Hyunsuk ?"

"Mom. I am home."

Hyunsuk hugging his mom tightly. Both of them hugging and crying. Hyunsuk missed his mom so much and seeing the pale face of his mom make him more heartbroken. His mom work by selling snacks at the market. Since she is sick, he know his mom can't work. Now his scholarship also being halted. Hyunsuk losing hope.

"Why are you not telling me you will be home ?"

Hyunsuk still sniffles and can't answer. His mom patting his head lovingly, rubbing his back. She know Hyunsuk must be burdened.

"I am okay Hyunsuk. Don't cry." Hyunsuk's mom smiling. Hyunsuk breaking their hugs and stare at his mom. Wrinkles on her face so obvious, her lips pale. Hyunsuk rub on his mom's cheeks. Hyunsuk smile a bit and it make his mom feel relieved.

"Ahh, I saw you brought a friend." His mom peaking on Jihoon. Jihoon who just silently watching the drama walk forward with smile, greeting Hyunsuk's mom.

"Hi, I am Jihoon. Hyunsuk's friend."

"My junior .." Hyunsuk correcting him and it make Jihoon blushed. Well, he never call Hyunsuk as hyung. He just don't feel like he need to call him that.

"I see. Jihoon, come inside. I am cooking for lunch."

"Let me cook today mom. You can rest."

Hyunsuk's mom smiling sweetly. She know Hyunsuk always helping her since he is a little boy. That's why the house feel empty when Hyunsuk is not around. Hyunsuk is the closest to his mom when compare to his two twin brothers, Junghwan and Jeongwoo.

"Come inside. It's cold here. Let's drink warm milk. Come !"

Jihoon smiling while tagging the mom and son duo into the small house.

***

They are having lunch around 1 pm together with Hyunsuk's twin brother. Both Jeongwoo and Junghwan are coming from the market, selling snacks in the morning. Jihoon was amaze that the twins also woke up early to help their mom.

After visiting Hyunsuk's house, Jihoon realize there are so much more things about Hyunsuk that Jihoon learned about. Slowly the stories about Hyunsuk coming out one by one, making Jihoon feeling soft to him.

"Are you not busy with school works Hyunsuk ah ? Why did you come home ?"

Hyunsuk smiling at his mom. He stop munching his foods and hold on his mom's hand, rubbing it slowly.

"I heard that you are sick, I can't stop thinking about you, mom. Now I am relieved that knowing you are okay."

"Just say you are homesick, hyung. We can take care of mom."

Hyunsuk glare at his brother, Jeongwoo but Jeongwoo sticking his tongue making Hyunsuk annoyed. His mom just laugh, watching the playfulness of her sons.