Chapter 41: Karma

Chapter 41: Karma

"Where is the man that I love?" Troy comments, the thought only occurring to him now.

"Ramos?" Elle asks, clueless. "He's right behind you, basically breathing down your neck."

If she only knew that Troy commands Ramos to stand behind him when he's not being addressed by anyone...

"He's still in France," I answer Troy knowingly.

"Which reminds me, he did so awesome, babe!" Jezel exclaims, skirting over to me in a giddy manner. "We watched him on TV. He owned that track! You must be so proud."

"I am," I reply with a big, cheesy grin. "That's my man."

"Zif only Jay could be proud of zoo too," Ramos remarks, only ever opening his mouth to insult me.

"Bro-Jay's my man-crush of the week," Troy confesses. He shows Elle a picture of Jay that he took straight off of the internet. It's a picture of him smiling at an interviewer with messy hair – he had just gotten out of the car and removed his helmet.

Elle looks at the picture. "So, this is the best friend, the famous Jay?"

I nod enthusiastically. "I'm marrying that man!"

"Me too!" Troy adds, matching my excitement.

Before I can ask Troy what the heck he means by that, Elle carries on talking, "He has the bluest eyes that I've ever seen."

"Right?!" Jezel agrees with her. "I've always thought that. They're like the Caribbean Sea."

"Hey, Jez, did I tell you that I've been offered a modelling gig?" Laiken interrupts, wanting the attention back on him.

"What?!" Jez remarks in surprise, supportive, as expected. "That's awesome, Laiken!"

I look up to see Troy's eyes on me. I begin to shake my head. "No—"

"Since Elle voted out, maybe you can bear us an heir?" he suggests. "You're not the best looking but we're getting desperate here."

"Yes, because that will convince me," I reply sarcastically. "You're too good at this, Troy Story."

"So, am I hearing a yes?"

"Only if you're deaf," I answer.

"Fine, be that way. I'll just ask my best friend, Benley," he retorts confidently.

"Do you mean AJ?" I question. I thought he was over his obsession with Ben.

"No, I mean Benley. That's why I said Benley."

"Other than the obvious, that being the fact that Ben is most-likely male, it also won't work because Ben hates your guts," I remind him.

"We just joke like that," Troy insists before talking to Elle again.

"Eela!"

I glance down to see Rhys peering up at me with his big, beautiful eyes.

"Oh no," I gulp. "The baby has spotted me."

I wish I could cuddle him and the others, but I'd hate to infect any of them.

He smiles a bubbly smile and claps his hands, his eyes lighting up. "Eela!" he calls me a second time, demanding my attention.

"I'm ignoring you, baby fluff," I tell him and attempt to look the other way.

Unfazed, he starts crawling towards me. "Eela!" he babbles, stretching his arms out to me in the hopes that I'll pick him up like I normally do.