Chapter 10: Down Hill

I stare at the TV screen ahead of us, my patience wearing thin and my impatience growing obese. Boredom is a dangerous emotion to feel, at least for me it is. I kick my feet up on Blubber's head for the umpteenth time and ignore his whining for the umpteenth time.

"Would you two just pick a movie already?" Jay complains with a yawn, glaring at AJ and Benley. He's not cut out for all-nighters and sleepovers, not at his ripe age of twenty-three. "I'm not missing the Grand Prix for nothing."

"Get your head off my feet!" Blubber whines, choosing to bicker with me when I'm doing absolutely nothing wrong.

I lean back on the couch, getting comfortable, and give his head a little kick with my white sneakers, or my sneakers that used to be white. "Shut it or I exile you from this friend group. You'll be banished from our awesome presence."

"Yes, my goddess," he submits, being wise for once.

Susie giggles, amused by my loving antics.

"No harm, no foul, kiddo," I reply lazily, tapping his head with my shoe yet again for good measure.

"Except some harm to his head," Dylan, a.k.a. sexy hot manager dude, points out with a concerned look in his eyes. "There's a mountain forming," he adds, gesturing to the bump on top of Pork Chop's head.

"Whatevs," I brush the matter aside, uncaring, and zone back into the argument at hand.

"Why not, AJ?" Ben asks, frustrated.

"Because it's a dumb movie!" AJ argues with Ben, blowing all of our eardrums in the process.

"You're dumb," Ben huffs in defeat, fighting a losing battle – what else is new?

"Never seen a guy, or someone that calls himself a guy, want to willingly watch 'The Notebook'," Landon shakes his head in disgust. He glances over at AJ. "You can do a lot better."

Sarah quickly elbows Landon in the ribs. "Stop, Kitler."

AJ nods at Lan. "I know. I'm fully aware."

Gland whistles mockingly under his breath before smirking at BoyBand. "That's what's up."

"I'm with the girl," Landon makes his opinion known, having no shame whatsoever, "I think an action movie is better than the sappy garbage that her sappy garbage boyfriend wants to watch."

"Sappy garbage fiancé," I correct Lan before winking at BoyBand. "Got your back, dude."

Benley sends me a fake smile. "Chee...thanks, Aqueela. What would I do without you?"

I tap my chest twice with my fist and send him the 'peace' sign, a happy-go-lucky grin on my face.

He rolls his eyes at me in response.

"So, that's still a 'no' to the F1 then?" Jay asks, trying his luck with the crowd yet again. He's really keen to see the race but I worry that it will make him nostalgic.

"Yes!" Everybody exclaims in exasperation.

"Yes?" Jay questions, ecstatic.

I throw a pillow at him. "No." I clarify, "They say no, my love."

Jay sighs and throws his head back, staring up at the ceiling, looking almost, almost, as defeated as BoyBand.

"Action movie!" AJ shouts, having lost it with her future-to-be, the two of them still furiously debating with each other. "That's my vote, Ben! And it's final!"