Chapter 51: Wordlessly

Lai, Mase, Grey and I arrive at the airport fairly early.

Bored, Lai watches Grey tracking Jay's flight on his phone. "Where's he headed this time?" he asks, curious.

"Hungary," Grey answers him after pocketing his phone.

I can't help but notice that Grey treats him normally now. I'd say they've gotten closer. Don't get me wrong, they're not best buds, but Grey has finally accepted him.

"That's a long flight," Mase speaks up, showing sympathy.

Grey nods. "Yeah. Fifteen hours or something insane like that."

"How did you guys become friends anyway?" Lai asks him, intrigued by the topic. "'Cause you both act like blood-brothers who would do anything for each other. I hate to say it but it's kind of admirable."

Grey pauses for a moment, collecting his thoughts, before looking up from the airport floors. "I'd give my life for Jay, and I know that he'd do the same for me," he says simply, but anyone with a brain can tell that he means it – there's sheer determination in those ash-colored eyes of his.

Laik whistles, taken aback by the intensity of the answer. "Jeez. Wasn't expecting that. Deep."

To be fair, Grey and Jay didn't meet under everyday circumstances, but only a select few know the details. Grey saved Jay's life, and in a way, Jay saved Grey's life too. He didn't turn his back on Grey when he found out about Jake. Instead, he encouraged Grey to do the right thing and take responsibility for what happened. He showed Grey that redemption and change are possible.

"Yeah, well, he brought me back from my mistakes, helped me slay the old me...if that makes any sense," Grey adds with a shrug. "And because of that, I'll have his back for the rest of my life. Even if it means dealing with Lawson until the day I die."

"Jay and I are a package deal now," I elbow him playfully.

Grey exhales in despair. "I know, and I hate it."

*~**~*

Hey :)

If you'd like to read the rest of this chapter now, head over to Radish :D The complete chapter is up on Radish under 'Fast Forward' & written by CJ_Adler. I'll upload the full chapter on Wattpad in 12 months from now.

~ CJ