Chapter 49: Wise Words

"You're leaving already?" Gramps asks as we make our way to the front door.

I turn around and hug him one last time. "I love you, Gramps, but you know that I can't stay here for too long. Y'all are toxic."

He nods, acknowledging it. "True."

We're just about out the door, without any casualties, when Lai's phone rings. He innocently takes it out of the front pocket of his jeans to answer it. As then, from out of nowhere, he's tackled to the ground by my grams.

"Citizen's arrest!" she shouts, forcing him to the ground on his stomach by putting her full weight on him. She keeps his face turned to the side, smooshed against the ground, while twisting his arm behind his back.

"Mom! What are you doing?!" Uncle Jeffrey reprimands her, running over to them.

"I'm making a citizen's arrest because he stole my phone right out of my own house!" she retorts, now sitting on Laik's back, snatching the phone out of his hands.

It's Mase's turn to laugh at his bud's misfortune.

"I didn't take your phone! That's mine!" Lai struggles but is unable to get her off of him. "How are you this strong?!" he complains. "It's unnatural!"

"He's capping!" Grams tells Jeffrey in certainty. "If you don't arrest him, I'll do it myself."

"You are doing it yourself!" Jeffrey shouts at her, attempting to remove her from my friend.

"That's right! And Imma pop his head open like a can of soda if he doesn't apologize," she replies, her tone venomous and vengeful. "I don't care how good-looking he is!"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Lai stops her, desperate. "If you get off of me, you can come to Indonesia with us!"

"Tell me less! I'm packing my speedo!" Gramps runs inside to do exactly that.

I slap my forehead, silently cursing Lai.

*~**~*

Hey :)

If you'd like to read the rest of this chapter now, head over to Radish :D The complete chapter is up on Radish under 'Fast Forward' & written by CJ_Adler. I'll upload the full chapter on Wattpad in 12 months from now.

~ CJ