Chapter 48: Wish me Luck

Unfortunately, Tim interrupts the moment:

"I've had several complaints about the loud music coming from, surprise-surprise, this office." He switches off the radio abruptly after that.

"It was manly Anne who was complaining again, wasn't it?" Dean questions, onto him.

Tim's silence is his answer.

Dean scoffs. "That woman is so painful!"

"It doesn't matter who it was," Tim brushes the matter off like a pro. "Why are we even playing music on full volume anyway?"

Dean and I immediately point at Melinda; it's second nature to us by now. She can afford to get into trouble. Dean and I are already skating on thin ice, according to Timothy.

Melinda rolls her eyes. "He's not going to buy that."

"It can't be Melinda's fault every single time," Tim narrows his gaze at us before finally noticing Jay. "Oh, hi, Jay," he greets him after first assessing him from head-to-toe. "Sorry. I didn't realize you were here."

"Hey, Tim," Jay steps forward and shakes his hand. "Good to see you again."

They've only met once, at my job interview, and very briefly.

Tim nods after a second. "Likewise."

Keeping an eye on the clock, I grab my bags. "Well, the day's officially over! I'm outta here!"

Dean applauds for me. "Love your commitment to the job, Furbs. You always inspire me!"

Jay takes my bags from me and gently tugs my arm. "See you around, guys," he says over his shoulder, bidding Dean, Melinda, and Tim a quick goodbye before pulling me after him, seemingly in a hurry.

"Wish me luck!" I call to the three of them while being dragged along. "If I'm not here tomorrow, Tim, just know that it's because I'm completely dead!"

*~**~*

Hey :)

If you'd like to read the rest of this chapter now, head over to Radish :D The complete chapter is up on Radish under 'Fast Forward' & written by CJ_Adler. I'll upload the full chapter on Wattpad in 12 months from now.

~ CJ