1

Deep breath in... Long, slow exhale... Loosen your shoulders... Slow thoughts, slow movements...

    Silently, I straightened my posture and drew my arrow, pulling the tense string back. I could feel it graze the bracer on my forearm; the bracer resting over a set of wraps that covered both arms.

    While trying not to rustle any leaves around me, all my focus was on the target in front of me. I could feel my heart rapidly pounding in my chest alongside the adrenaline, which pushed the cold air that surrounded me away. My hand was being urged to let go and just shoot. If my heart could speak, it would be screaming at me right now with impatience and gut-wrenching anxiety.

    My target's horns glistened in the moonlight as it rested, occasionally swiveling its head around, making sure there was no danger nearby. It was a massive creature, five times bigger than me at least. You could see every muscle in its shoulders and its wild mane just made the sight of it downright frightening. It held its weapons at all times, letting everyone know it was not to be reckoned with.

The longer I held my position, the shakier my arms became as my nerves were beginning to get the best of me. I shook my head in agitation and loosened the pull I had on my bow. I'm terrified. I can't- I refuse to let this moment pass me up.

    Taking the chance to let my arms rest I looked around again to make sure I was still in a good position to make my shot. As my eyes scanned where it beast stood, only the mist covering the clearing was in sight. I froze in the realization that my game had vanished from in front of me. My eyes frantically darted around looking for it and I felt my throat constrict. Getting to my lowest crouching position, I began slowly making my way around the clearing that the lynel was in, making sure to avoid sticks and leaves.

    C'mon... where are you?!

    Finding another decent position to see the whole clearing, I prepared myself to ready another arrow, "Where did you go..." I mumbled while inspecting what lay ahead of me. "How did you just vanish...? As if you were made of..." My words faded into nothingness as I heard a large huff behind me.

    Steadily turning my head to see where the noise came from, all I could discern was a tall dark figure before me. My body went cold and it was as if I was frozen where I stood. I could make out the stunning golden horns from before but none of that mattered anymore. Time seemed to have stopped and I was too scared to take a single full breath so there we sat, just staring at each other. The glimmer of moonlight that reflected off of its mighty sword was enough to make me feel like I was floating out of my body.

    Attempting to escape this time-consuming, life-or-death staring contest, I began backing away, praying to Hylia that there was nothing behind me to step on. The goliath for an animal that stood before me didn't move a muscle but kept its eyes on me as if I was the last piece of meat in all of Hyrule.

    It felt like an eternity before I was finally nearing the other end of the clearing, somehow not alerting the monster in the process. I mentally gave the biggest sigh of relief. Praise the Goddess- *SNAP*. My head shot down instinctively and I caught a glimpse of the cracked stick beneath my foot. Before another moment had the chance to pass, I heard a bone-chilling roar from my front and my legs began moving without a single thought.

The ground shook from underneath as I stumbled through the woods, desperately trying to keep the last of my composure together but unfortunately, I was already completely panic-stricken. It began to grow darker as the trees became denser and every other tree passed I would trip over a root or fallen branch.

I was trying to dodge and weave around trees in a frenzied attempt at losing it but nothing was working. There's a reason only the best of the best go after these kinds of bounties and are rich beyond belief.