2

The children squealed in excitement when I told them they could show me around and began running down the stairs, telling me to follow. It took a little time but I finally made it down. They were so excited to show me and I couldn't help but feel a little giddy my self from their enthusiasm.

    At the bottom sat a large wooden platform with a large blue symbol painted in the middle of it. They ran out on it and told me to follow once more so of course, I did.

    With the way the deck protruded out and away from the village, the breeze was a bit stronger and an icy wind whipped at my face. My nose stung as the breeze grew, making my eyes water. However, after being bedridden for so long, it felt great.

    The view was phenomenal. You could see everything from where we stood and the water surrounding the village was so far down beneath us, it felt surreal looking at the surrounding cliffs, "This is incredible! I bet the sunsets are just magnificent."

    "They are. You should come to watch it with us sometime!" They stood next to me taking in the sights as well.

    We stayed there for who knows how long, drawing and playing games together. They told me lots of stories, most of them including the Rito champion Revali. They seem to look up to him and from what I hear, he is an absolute master when it comes to archery. Perhaps he would be willing to teach me a thing or two sometime. I could really use it after recent events.

    All good things must come to an end though as their parents eventually called them home for dinner. I said my goodbyes to them and told them to come find me the next time they want to play before they scurried off. When I turned back around, the sun had started to make its descent and all I could do was stare in amazement. The water below shone from the sun's reflection and the whisps of clouds above were light pink. The sky was an incredible gradient fading from all shades of oranges and pinks to a deep blue.

I made my way to the edge of the landing to soak it all in, acting as if this were my last sunset. How have I never visited before? This place is a great vacation spot! I laughed to myself at the idea of Hylians taking over this place. Can you imagine? Maybe it's a good thing not so many people visit.

Lost in thought watching the sight before me, I heard a shout from above. I, unfortunately, didn't quite notice it until there was another shout, much louder the second time.

"Look out!" Someone called out, almost frantic as it was followed by a flurry of blue feathers swiftly landing behind me. Startled, I spun around with a gasp before registering that my foot had nothing underneath it to stand on. A massive gust of air had pushed me and my foot had slipped off the edge of the platform. Time seemed to have slowed down as I teetered backward over the edge, desperately grabbing for the handrails next to me. All I saw before the deck disappeared were a pair of shocked green eyes staring right back at me.

It all happened so quickly that I don't think I realized what was happening until I landed on something moderately soft. My face seemed to have been thrown into a pile of feathers before I was sat right back onto the platform. I gasped for air, my heart pounding as if it were trying to burst out of my chest. At a complete loss for words, I looked at the Rito in front of me and back to where I fell.

I-I just- I fell over the edge! I just fell off! I could feel hands trembling as I raked my fingers through my hair; a sad attempt at trying to calm down. My voice shook, unsure of what to say, "I... I'm sorry. I didn't realize—"