7

I awoke to three knocks on the door of my temporary room. It was colder out today than usual as a strong breeze blew into the room and through the seams of my blanket. I sat up, dazed and with a little bit of drool on my face.

    "Hello?" I mumbled almost incoherently, rubbing my eyes clumsily. Alora stepped in and I was met with the smell of warm food as she sat next to me. At first, I thought she was upset, but the longer I looked the more I realized I couldn't read her expression.

    "I can tell this last week has been hard on you. You've barely left this room." She handed me the tray, "I'm just a bit worried."

    "Thank you, Alora. I'm sorry." I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling the built-up oils that should have been washed out days ago, "It's about that thing that happened a few days ago. I didn't think it'd affect me this much." I took a look at myself and wanted to get back under the blanket so no one could see me. I don't ever want to go through that again. The thought alone makes me nauseous.

    As if I had finally woken up, I sniffed one of my armpits and my stomach knotted up. I tried laughing my shame off, "I need a bath don't I?"

    "Yeah." Alora nodded, "I've seen many people in my life and I have seen how hard life can be. I know I've said it before but I'm always here to talk, ok?"

    I laughed, abashed as I reassured her, "Please don't worry." The Rito nodded.

"Do you want me to grab some clothes and draw a bath?" I smiled at her for wanting to help and told her I could handle it. Alora nodded once more and left, leaving me to eat the meal in my lap.

-

    When I had finished up my food, I put on some warm clothes and filled a bag with a towel, soap, and clean clothes to throw on after. I stepped out of my room for the first time in a few days and saw Alora smiling.

    "I know you're planning on taking a bath but would it be ok if I showed you something a little cooler?" Alora seemed excited about whatever she wanted me to see so I gave a hesitant nod, trying to imagine what it could possibly be. She clapped happily before we walked out to the landing.

    "Hop on!" She crouched down in front of me, her excitement only growing. I did as she requested and she took off smoothly. Much calmer than a certain someone's takeoffs. Alora eased her way up in altitude and I loved it. This is how flying should always be. We didn't go that high but I was still frozen within seconds. She flew in the direction of the supposed flight range that I have yet to see and the air somehow was even colder there. The snow was falling heavily.

    "W-What do you want m-me to see so b-b-badly?!" My lips were quivering too much for my words to be said properly. Alora didn't respond but began descending quickly towards a very oddly shaped cloud that seemed to be rising out of the ground. A hot spring!

    We passed over and through the steam and I felt goosebumps make their way up my arms and legs. Before I could even process the warmth of the steam, we were on the ground.

    "Ta-da!" Alora motioned to the hot spring proudly. A huge smile made its way to my face as I dipped a hand into the warm water. I looked back to the Rito and began laughing excitedly.

    "This is amazing!" I threw my stuff down next to the spring and began removing my clothes. I was eager to get in as fast as possible.

    "I knew you'd like it. Is it alright if I join?" She stepped closer to the spring while I was still undressing.

    "Of course! It's no fun by myself." I cautiously removed the wraps on my arms. The air around me was beyond freezing. As fast as I could, I launched myself into the water as Alora carefully stepped in. We splashed around, allowing the warmth to envelop us.