3

I was lost. Completely, entirely, and totally lost. I couldn't find any hearty radishes anywhere and the sun had set so I found myself engulfed in the darkness of the woods yet again. I continued walking in the direction I'm mostly sure I came from, fighting off the trepidation I could feel growing with each step.

    "It's as if the woods are trying to get me killed." I spoke under my breath as I sat down against the base of a large pine. Its roots were lifted out of the ground and gave a little corner for me to rest in, protecting me from any lurking monsters.

    I jinxed myself by saying this was going to be easy, "I seriously need to think twice before making decisions..." I continued to grumble, rubbing my face with both hands. I tried climbing up some trees for a bit but with it being so dark and the trees being so dense, I decided to wait until morning if I was still lost by then.

    Deep in thought, a jolt of pain ran through my right arm. Right... I completely forgot... I unwrapped the bandages to find tiny [color] feathers making their way out and along my arms.

Hesitantly, I grabbed a hold of one of the tiny feathers and took a deep breath. As I exhaled, I promptly pulled the feather out along with the rest of them soon after. Maybe it's a good thing I'm lost in the woods to do this. No one could trace the evidence back to me.

    When I was done, drops of blood were pooling at my fingertips and tears had made their way to the dirt below me. I normally only have to do that once every three months but they've been growing back quicker every single time. I wrapped up my arms again, hoping I wasn't bleeding enough for it to show through the bandages. Rubbing my arms trying to make the stinging go away, I heard a rustle in the foliage a short distance away.

    I jumped to my feet in alarm. My arms shook both from pain and dread and my bow was in my hands, ready with an arrow. As the noise came closer, I relaxed only slightly knowing it wasn't another lynel but still around my size at least. I gave it a few more seconds before pulling the string back, ready to shoot.

As I waited though, it was hard to ignore the burning along my arms and I could see blood stains forming throughout the bandages. Shit. How do I explain that to Alora?

I pushed the thought away as whatever I'm about to have to fight is about to reveal itself. But my leg- I can't be fighting like this. It's too late to back down though. I was terrified of what I was about to run into, getting small reminders of the lynel attack. My arms were beginning to shake and tears welled in my lower eyelids once more. I barely got out alive and I didn't even save myself. Someone jumped to the rescue and I doubt I'd have the same luck twice in a row. My heart lurched in fright at the thought of this being my demise.

Unexpectedly, I saw the unmistakable figure of a Rito I didn't think I'd be so relieved to see, "...Revali?" I gasped and lowered my weapon. Now, why would the Rito champion be all the way out here during the ungodly hours of the night? "What are you doing here?" My knees were weak as my mind eased. I was sure I was about to die.

"Looking for you. Alora came to me, frantic because you had been gone so long." He stated as I bit my lip in worry.

"She won't let me out of the village again after this... How did you find me?" I couldn't help but ask. There's no possible way he saw me from above and through the canopy of the trees. The Rito are known to have fairly poor eyesight in the dark.

"I'm the champion of the Rito. I could find a restless cricket in a sea of hylian wheat with my eyes closed." He puffed his chest while I stared at him, not amused by his unnecessary boasting.

"I hope you're not too tired to hold on for the flight back to the village. You made it very far in the time you've been gone." Revali informed, crossing his wings.