14

"Little Miss (Y/n) where have you been?" Alora asked, keeping her eyes on the individual in front of her.

"Hello to you too." I chuckled. The room I found her in was where the elders of the village normally reside. Usually in homes like this, the dust tends to get pretty bad. Due to the Rito architecture, that didn't seem like much of an issue at all though. It was cozy, blankets hanging from the walls and a smile fire pit was lit in the middle. A large pot sat above it. Ritos feathers tend to thin as they age so they need to find other ways to stay warm.

It wasn't often I came to this part of the village, mainly because I had no reason to. But it was nice to pay a visit every now and then. Everyone was friendly and I was often given small treats like candy and various trinkets.

    I ran through the last few hours of the night, trying to find the best answer for Alora.

    How do I explain everything that happened with Revali?

    I started slow, talking about my walk and finding Melany. From there I managed to calmly explain most of everything else that went down, leaving out a few details here and there. One of them being Revalis little tumble. The older, sick Rito, was chuckling as I spoke.

    "He's smitten." Their voice was gravely, though you could hear the amusement in their voice. Their eyes had crinkled up in a smile and their body was relaxed, enjoying the story I had to share.

    "I think you might be right Jun." Alora handed them some medicine and began packing up her med kit, glancing over at me with a smug grin.

    "Smi— Smitten? Absolutely not!" I felt my face grow warm. There was no way in Hyrule the Rito champion was smitten with me. I shooed off their jokes, pushing the thought from my mind to cool my face. No one had ever been fancy with me and honestly, I was perfectly fine with that.

The two Rito continued their snickering as I rolled my eyes. Stepping to stand behind Alora, I swiftly threw an arm over her shoulder, grabbing one end of the necklace I made for her with my other hand and clipping it around her neck. It fit perfectly.

The pink Rito seemed confused for a moment before glancing to a nearby mirror on the wall, gasping, "(Y/n)! Where did you get this?"

"That star I told you about? It's right there," I pointed to the small shard resting between the wire and leather. Alora enveloped me in a hug and was so excited to see I had a matching bracelet.

"They say a fallen star is a sign from Hylia herself," Jun spoke, shifting around where they lay.

"What kind of sign?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

Jun only shrugged, "That's up to us to find out. Sometimes it's easy, other times not so much."

    "I hope I figure it out soon then."

Alora said goodbye and I helped her get her things together. Perhaps the accessories are good luck charms?

-

"(Y/n)..." I heard the sudden call of my name, distant and echoey.

"Hmm..?" I was standing on top of Rito Village, right next to Vah Medoh. The slow breeze was icy and my skin was freezing, yet I was unfazed as I walked to the Divine Beast. Everything was hazy like a light fog had settled over the land. Small ice particles sparkled sporadically all around, suspended where they were.

    The air was thin but felt weightless, myself included as I searched around. My feet seemed to mechanically move themselves closer to the foot of the large machine. I knew it was dangerous to get any closer but my steps continued to lead me anyway. I had no urge to fight it.