10

"Do another trick, Revali!" The kids called out to him. I laughed to myself, pulling my scarf up to cover the lower half of my face once more. Revali nodded before doing some crazy spins and flips and his small audience couldn't contain the excitement. I clapped myself, amused by their reactions.

This went on for maybe another ten minutes or so before he made a smooth landing. It had definitely improved since I got knocked over by him but there was still room for improvement. The kids crowded around Revali the second he was on solid ground and I laughed once more as he tried escaping them. He was good at entertaining them but seemed to lack in all other areas.

When Rito had finally found a way to distract them, only then did he manage to get away. I wanted to leave before he could see me but we locked eyes just as I straightened my posture to walk away. I could see his expression change to one I couldn't read, but I held my ground as he came closer. My heart fluttered nervously, feeling a strange, uncomfortable tension rising. I nodded to him in acknowledgment, unsure if I should say anything. He'll definitely know something's up.

"(Y/n)." He nodded in return. We sat there next to each other in silence. Awkward silence. The only saving grace of it all was watching the kids playing with each other, running around with small, fake bows. They had arrows made of twigs and pine cones. I smiled to myself, almost forgetting about Revali next to me as I watched them pretending to be the next Rito champion. They shouted all sorts of things, pretending they were soaring through the sky and taking down the 'bad guys'. It was cute to say the least.

    "You look like you've..." I could feel his eyes on me as he thought about his next words, "recovered well."

    His words were met with an eye roll. I wanted to ignore him for that passive aggressive comment, give no reaction at all, but I didn't have the energy to control myself in such a way. It was like he knew how to pinch you just enough for it to sting, but light enough to remain unseen without a mark. I fidgeted with the scarf over my face whilst keeping my eyes away from him, unaware that it only brought more attention to the issue.

    "That scarf seems a bit much for a nice day like this. Are you not burning up?" Revali fanned himself with a wing.

Finally grabbing the courage to glance at him, he had a sly grin on his face. He's teasing me. Irritation lashed through my veins and up to my head at the sight of him. This particular Rito was so strangely good at digging his way under my skin, it was almost impressive.

I spoke up, trying my best to snap at him without sounding like a dying sand seal, "No. I am not." My voice almost sounded worse than it did 15 minutes ago and I tensed up. He definitely heard how bad it was as I coughed.

"You're even worse than I thought." He turned his head away, making it clear he was trying to hide his amusment. "Terrible at hiding it too."

"You say that as if you're any better." I crossed my arms, a half smug half irritated smile tracing my lips.

"Ha. Ha." Revali's voice was full of sarcasm. A small gap of silence filled the space between us once more. Though it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable like moments ago. The agitation lining itself against the walls of my stomach had begun to slowly dissipate. Like deep down I knew I couldn't stay angry at him. Shivers ran down my body as the wind picked up, my fingers holding the scarf closer to my skin before tucking them into the pockets of my coat. I could feel my lips quivering as I clenched my teeth.

"So... What brings you into the village today?" I shifted my feet to face him, holding my arms close to my body.

"I just thought I'd see how everyone was doing. Making sure no monsters made camp close by much like yesterday." He said, looking back to the kids who were busy entertaining themselves. I nodded, admittedly still shaken up about what happened. Stealing another look at him, his eyes were full of worry as her stared off, apprehension forcing his stance to become rigid.