11

A/n: Sorry this update took so long! I got swamped with final exams and I was super burnt out for a while. (Also sorry if the writing isn't up to par the next chapter will be better haha)

Happy holidays my lovelies!!

    -

    "You stayed all night?!" The hushed whisper of Alora sounded next to me.

    "Perhaps." The low, quiet tone of a man responded.

    In a sad attempt to open my eyes, which were practically sealed shut with sleep, the two individuals next to me realized I had woken up to their conversation. There wasn't much more to say about how this morning felt to the last, other than the fact that everything hurt. It could be worse I guess. My lips were dried out and cracked and no air could travel through my nose.

    When I had managed to pry my eyes open, I could see a dark blue Rito sitting next to my bed, "R... Revali?" My voice was hoarse, unlike last night when no sound could even be made. He didn't necessarily look fatigued but you could tell he had not rested. "What are you doing here?" My words muddled together as I mumbled.

    "Just... Making sure you were fine after yesterday. Or at least alive I should say." He stood up slowly with a quiet sigh, visibly stiff from sitting in the same position for so long. "I lost track of time and have some duties to attend to. Rest up, Y/n."

I watched him leave, Alora grabbing his arm and mouthing a quick thank you before making her way over to my bed.

    "How are you feeling?" Her voice remained quiet as I shifted around to find a more comfortable position. I grunted in response with a pinched expression, showing my displeasure. She chuckled, "Revali was very worried— You nearly made his tail feathers fall out."

A laugh managed to make its way out of my lips but quickly faded as my throat burned with a cough. It felt as though I had eaten rocks. Though, I was touched he worried over me all night, a smile placing itself across my face.

-

    The next three days were slow and quiet as I recovered. Alora lectured me often about taking care of myself and Revali paid a visit a handful of times with some more supplies and a few treats. My memory of the whole thing was pretty foggy but the big things were somewhat easy to remember. Like the cookies the Rito champion brought to me when I last saw him.

I woke up groggily on the fourth day, still not feeling 100% but much better still. My arms itched profusely as my hands rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleep off. I scratched at them, confused. Did I get bit? Stop itching! Practically rubbing them raw, I looked at them and my heart stopped.

Small feathers lined my arms, covered in small waxy blankets as all other feathers would grow. Preening them would help the itchiness but would make it harder to hide them. Oh my goddess! I didn't even think about the healing elixir I've been taking. How long have these been here? I continued to scratch at them nervously until a knock on the door sounded through the room.

"Are you awake, Y/n?" Alora cracked the door open as I threw my arms beneath the blanket.

"Y-Yeah! Do you need something?" My heart was pounding as I spoke. My voice still held a slight rasp to it still, but sounded great compared to the few days before.

    "I have food out here for you. Come eat!" She motioned to the kitchen before shutting the door.

Getting up, I swiftly dashed to my small supply of bandages and wrapped my arms tightly. The pressure should give some comfort from the irritation. I hope Alora didn't see them. I dressed myself a bit heavier since the weather had remained cold and stepped out where the kitchen smelled like fresh, hot food. Alora set a fresh plate down for me with a smile.