15

It had been about 30 minutes since we had received the text. The boys and I had relocated to the dining table, and Taehyung was on the phone with their manager.

The delicious and aromatic food we had cooked to enjoy with everyone was now cold and no longer desirous for us.

"What do you mean you don't know? There is no update?" Taehyung almost shouted, but toned his voice down realizing that he was talking to his manager who was much older than him.

Jungkook laid his head on the table, unable to feel anything but sadness. He looked tense. In an effort to calm him as much as I could, I placed my hand on his back and patted it softly. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to do, but I felt a strong pull to comfort him when he was in so much pain.

After a few minutes Jungkook was visibly less tense and his breathing slowed down.

It was now almost midnight, and for some reason information about the boys was not being relayed to us, making it so much harder for us to be optimistic. The boys were alive, we knew that, but we still knew they were probably in pain, and we could do nothing about it.

"Jungkook-ssi, please, you should get some rest. I will be up anyways, and I promise to come and tell you any updates that I get."

Taehyung had already left and retreated to his room. He left in silence, but before he left he looked at me with soft, broken eyes, but with a small, labored smile. I felt so bad. He was clearly trying to be strong for everyone, especially Jungkook. But I knew that he also was telling me to make sure that Jungkook is okay.

"It's okay. I will stay here with you." Jungkook looked at me intently. I managed to give him a smile.

I decided to make him some homemade banana milk. I knew he mentioned how it was one of his favorites before, and I wanted to do what I could to make the wait bearable.

"Noona?" Jungkook's soft voice broke the silence in the kitchen. I barely realized he was talking about me- he had never called me Noona. I was slightly taken aback for a few seconds.

"Jungkook-ssi, here, I made some banana milk for you." I turned around with a smile, hoping he would feel slightly better.

Jungkook stared at the banana milk on the table for a few moments. Then, he began to tear up again. I quickly wrapped my arms around him in a hug, not thinking about if it was appropriate or not.

He placed his head in my shoulder, and started to cry harder.

"It's okay. It will be okay. The boys are strong, you know that better than me." I began to pat his back softly.

My phone buzzed once again, this time it was a phone call. I let go of Jungkook, and placed the glass of banana milk in his hands. He broke a small smile.

"Thank you, Noona." Jungkook managed to get out in between his soft sobs.

I nodded, happy that he was at least feeling a little better.

I reached for my phone and saw Jimin's contact on the screen. In all this mess, I completely forgot that Jimin was also out of the house at a schedule, separate from the other boys. My eyebrows furrowed in worry. Jungkook looked up at me as well, reading my expression. I nodded my head saying it was okay, and pointed to my phone display which said Jimin-ssi.

Jungkook nodded, placing the now empty banana milk glass in the dishwasher.

"Hello, Jimin-ssi. Are you okay? Did you hear the news yet. I hope you are safe."

"Y-Yes I am okay. Are Jungkook and Taehyungie okay? I just heard the news only now. I didn't know until my schedule got over. It's all over the news now. I'm worried sick."

"Yes, Jungkook-ssi and Taehyung-ssi are both okay. I was with them when I found out. But it's really so shocking and there isn't any updates. I know it will be okay, Jimin-ssi"

"Ah- good, Yes, I had called Jungkook and Taehyung and they didn't answer me so I got worried, that is why I called you. I am on my way back home, I will be there soon. Please make sure they are taken care of, and please take care of yourself too, Moon-ssi"

Jimin's voice began cracking. I knew he was holding it in, but now he was succumbing to it. I didn't want to hold him on the phone any longer.

"Okay, please be safe, Jimin-ssi. I will be sure to take care of them, and please feel free to come to my apartment as well, Jungkook-ssi and I are here."

The call ended. Suddenly, my phone buzzed again, this time it was a text from Hyejin.

text from Hyejin Unni

Hyejin Unni: I just got an update from the staff that are with the boys. Hoseok-ssi and Yoongi-ssi are fine with minor injuries, but unfortunately Namjoon-ssi and Seokjin-ssi are suffering more major injuries. Right now they haven't even woken up yet, but the doctors said they can still make a steady recovery. There is still some complications, though.

The relief that I had when I read that Hoseok and Yoongi were going to be okay quickly went away when I read how Namjoon and Seokjin's injuries were more serious. I wasn't sure if the other boys got this message, but something was telling me that the managers were keeping this information from the boys as to not worry them. But they deserved to know.

I placed my phone down on the kitchen counter, feeling empty. I didn't know how I would break this news to Jungkook. He looked back at me expectantly.

"Noona, what did Jimin hyung say?" He had worry written all over his face.

"Jimin-ssi is on his way here, he said he only got to know about it later. But Hyejin Unni just informed me that Hoseok-ssi and Yoongi-ssi will recover soon." I stopped there, unsure how to break the rest of the news to him.

He smiled. "That's good to hear, why aren't we finding out about this directly? Those are my brothers." he sounded hurt, and rightfully so. He continued. "What about Namjoon hyung and Jin hyung?"

"Ah- They are more- "

"They are more what? Are they okay?" Jungkook stepped closer to me, now more visibly worried.

"They are more serious. They have serious injuries. The doctors say there is hope, but everything is still so unsure." I found a tear slip out of my eye. All this was too much for me. I knew these 7 boys who were staring to make me happy, and all of a sudden this happens, and I have to be there for Jungkook and the other boys. I'm not equipped for this stressful situation.

Jungkook looked down. "Noona- they won't die right?"

My eyes went wide at his question. I had never even thought of that possibility directly. Of course, in an accident there was always a chance of death, but I couldn't even imagine that being a possibility.

"Noona. Please reassure me." Jungkook made eye contact with me.

"They won't. They will all be home soon. Don't worry, Jungkook-ssi" I tried to add a small smile, but I failed.

Some time passed by, and Jungkook and I made our way to the couch where we sat, waiting for nothing in particular. We both knew no one would come home over night and that this would take some time, but we still felt the need to stay up.

A soft knock at the door was heard. I walked over and opened the door, to be met with Jimin's tired, red eyes. He bowed when he saw me.

"Hello, Moon-ssi. Where is Jungkook? I just saw Taehyung and he is asleep in his room." Jimin scanned the front enterance area. I pointed towards the living room.

As soon as Jungkook saw Jimin he stood up and practically ran into his arms. The two hugged tightly, and Jungkook's sobs were heard.

Then, my phone buzzed once again. I let out a deep breath, knowing that this message, probably from Hyejin, could be serious.