31

Author's POV

The song ended on the last guitar note, leaving a feeling that there was more to be said. Chaewon was nervous. Namjoon didn't say a word.

Finally gaining some courage to turn around and gauge his reaction, Chaewon slowly turned her chair around. What she saw next was the last thing she had expected.

Small tears were leaving Namjoon's eyes as he stared at her computer screen in awe. The song was almost like something he would have written, their shared musicality now even more evident.

"S-Sorry, the chorus lyrics are not done yet-" Namjoon cut her off by pulling her into a tight hug, nuzzling his face in her neck. Chaewon froze, staring straight at the wall directly in front of her. After a moment she too melted into the hug.

"T-That was beautiful, Chae" She smiled at the new nickname. "Thanks, Joon" She replied, emphasizing his new nickname. Namjoon chuckled, letting her go and wiping his tears away quickly.

"Yah- I didn't expect to cry look what you did." He said in an accusatory tone. They both laughed.

"Let's work on the chorus lyrics, shall we?" Namjoon suggested, pulling Chaewon's chair out for her. She nodded and the two sat down opening up a fresh page of a notebook.

For the next three hours, the two worked on writing, editing, and rewriting the song.

Chaewon was yet again in awe of how Namjoon was able to come up with such beautiful metaphors and euphemisms when it came to hardships and life itself. It made him unbelievably attractive, more so than he already was.

When they finally finished the lyrics, Chaewon insisted that they called Jungkook to record the demo.

"Jungkook's voice would work better." She said softly.

"I think you should record it. I love your voice" Namjoon gave her a small smile, her face flushing red.

"I don't think I shoul-"

"Record it." Namjoon said in an almost demanding tone.

Chaewon finally gave in, and she recorded the demo. Namjoon couldn't help but just stare at her, practically burning holes through her face. She would be lying if she said she didn't notice, but she acted as nonchalant as she could.

"You're so beautiful." Namjoon blurred out as soon as she clicked save on the file. Namjoon noticed a small strand of hair that fell onto her face. He reached out and swiftly tucked the strand behind her ear, gazing at her fondly.

"T-Thank you." She replied, awkwardly. After a few moments of silence, Namjoon got up. "Do you want to go get some Ramen? I know a really good place nearby, we could even take one of my favorite walks through the park." He was beaming, clearly excited about getting to walk through his favorite park. Chaewon was thinking about making an excuse, not that she didn't want to go with Namjoon, but she didn't want to risk embarrassing herself.

Namjoon looked at her, still beaming, awaiting her answer. "That sounds nice." She replied.

-

The two made their way through Namjoon's favorite park.

"This place is my peace." Namjoon stopped walking to peer over at his favorite viewing spot that overlooked the entire park filled with beautiful trees and greenery. He took in a deep breath.

"It's beautiful." Chaewon replied. Namjoon looked at her and nodded. She's beautiful. Was all he could think.

They continued to walk, finally arriving at the ramen place.