17

Jungkook's POV

I woke up to the sound of muffled sobs next to me. Jimin was clutching one of the couch pillows tightly, while he sobbed in his sleep. His eyebrows were scrunched together tightly, and it looked like he held the entire world's problems on his shoulders. 

I turned on my phone and read the time. 2:31 AM. Sigh. Should I wake up Jimin?

I decided against it and instead covered his body with a small blanket that Moon had kept under the couch pillows. His sobs stopped, and he nuzzled his head under the blanket. 

My stomach grumbled. I didn't eat at all last night. 

I got up and headed to the kitchen, opening the fridge and quickly wincing as the sharp fridge light almost blinded me. Moon's fridge was very neatly organized, and it was all labeled clearly. Staring at the contents of the fridge a guilty wave flew through me. How could I even think about eating when my hyungs were laying in hospital beds fighting for their lives? 

I shook my head and closed the fridge door. Just then, a phone flashlight emerged, followed by a small figure. 

"What are you doing up so late, Jungkook-ssi?" Moon walked closer to me, turning her flashlight off, leaving the both of us in the dark. 

"Nothing, I just couldn't sleep."

"I couldn't either. I've been trying to finish a song for the entire night now, and it's just not working." I could hear her voice crack. 

Without thinking I engulfed her in a hug. I felt my shirt get wet with her tears. Her head nuzzled further into my chest. I wasn't expecting this sudden outburst of emotions from her. Usually she was the one offering support.

"Please don't cry, Noona. I'm sorry that there is so much stress on you. You don't need to feel responsible for us, please take care of yourself."

After a couple of minutes, we parted. I thought of an idea. Although it would be unsafe so late at night, I thought it would be the best for the both of us. 

"Noona, come with me." I grabbed her arm, leading her outside the apartment. 

Realizing we were actually going outside the house, she stopped and tugged back.

"Jungkook-ssi, it's cold, we need to get jackets. I'll be right back." She went back inside, and a few moments later emerged with two large black hoodies. She handed one to me.

"This will fit you, wear your hood up, I don't want you to get sick."

I smiled and pulled the hoodie over my head. She did the same. It came down all the way past her knees, and fully covered the pajama shorts she was wearing under. It was like a dress that engulfed her entire frame. I signaled for her to follow me and we began walking.

MOON's POV

We made it down to the parking garage and headed towards Jungkook's Mercedes. Then it hit me. Where are we even going?

"Jungkook-ssi, where are we going? And at this hour? It's not safe for you especially." 

"Just trust me." He shot back a genuine smile. 

I rolled my eyes and got into the passenger seat.

"It's going to be kind of a long drive. Around 50 minutes. If you want you can pick the music." Jungkook passed me the AUX. I nodded and plugged in my phone, and started playing my go to playlist. It was a playlist full of slow, sad, and depressing songs. 

I always saw beauty in sadness. There is always peace in tranquility, but there is only vibrance in sadness. Raw and real emotions are a human beings best friend and at the same time, the worst enemy. 

Jungkook looked on as he drove, his mind clearly lost in his own world. I looked out my window, observing the bright lights of Seoul, even this late at night. People were still gathered, having drinks, singing songs, and happily embracing each other. Shops still displayed their bright lights that stretched all the way down the street. 

Within all the bright and illuminating street lights, and the happiness clearly diffused through all of the night owls, I still spotted a few souls sitting alone. All by themselves, drinking away their problems, staring blankly at whatever or whoever happened to be in front of them. The juxtaposition of life.

After quite a long car ride, Jungkook stopped the car. Finally realizing we had arrived, I looked out the front window to see the car facing a beautiful river. Han river.

Jungkook quickly got out of the car and came around to open my door. I stepped out, in awe of the scenery in front of me.

Jungkook and I stood facing the river in silence. Very clearly in our own little world. 

Finally, Jungkook broke the silence.

"T-This is mine and Namjoon hyungs favorite spot. Whenever he needs inspiration to write music, he comes here." I noticed a small tear slip out of his left eye. He quickly wiped it off and let out a smile. 

I took in the scenery one more time before I spoke. The way the moon reflected perfectly back onto the water, and the way the small ripples of water danced along without stopping. The way the trees that perfectly framed the river, as if it was a postcard picture, swayed in their own rhythm. The way the hum of the wind blowing sounded like its own sweet melody. 

"I see why."

"Noona?" Jungkook turned to face me. I looked over at him and nodded.

"Do you thin-" Jungkook was cut off by a car pulling up. I shielded my eyes from the bright headlights.

To our surprise, Taehyung emerged from the car.

"Hyung?" Jungkook questioned in surprise.

"I went to Moon-ssi's apartment but only saw Jimin. I assumed you would have come here." Taehyung brought a blanket and laid it down in front of the river. He sat down and patted next to him, signaling us to sit down. 

Taehyung, Jungkook, and I stayed in the company of the Han river for the next couple of hours, basking in the scenery, and sharing deep, vulnerable feelings with each other. Unsure of what was ahead, we decided that night that we would be there for each other no matter what.