25

Namjoon's POV

So it was her...

The warmth I felt in my hand was hers. The soft voice serenading me was hers. The quiet sobs that made my heart ache were hers.

She intrigued me. I've never felt so interested in a person. Why had she come every single day to be with me? Sure, we got close working together in the studio, but I had never thought she would be so affected by me?

Something about her always attracted me. Sometimes I wanted to just live inside her brain. The way she thought up melodies as if they were the alphabet, or the way she could come up with lyrics infused with the deepest most vulnerable thoughts in a presentable, palatable way.

She was always excited to make music, and she would practically run into the studio the moment she had an idea. I loved the way she would giggle when she sang off key, or when she messed up the lyrics during the demos. I loved the way her hair in a ponytail always looked like a flowing river, gliding all the way down her back, swaying back and forth when she walked.

Her gaze pierced through me all the way to my heart every time I looked at her. Her lips, so perfectly placed, were the most perfect shade of pink. Her features complimented each other perfectly, even though there were "flaws". But to me, she was perfect.

But, it happened to be in our contract that there would be no dating. Being at the height of our career, dating would be a distraction that PD-nim didn't want to deal with. So, I backed off. I didn't make any moves, though I was dying to.

Every time she had a small strand of hair fall, I wanted to reach out and tuck it behind her ear. When she would get frustrated while working, I wanted to hold her hand. We would eat lunch together sometimes, and when a small smidge would be left behind on her lips, I wanted to reach out and wipe it. There were so many things that I wanted, but I couldn't get. And to protect my heart, I stopped myself. But with this new found knowledge that she came every day to take care of me, and that she took care of the other members, I'm not sure if I can hold back any longer.

With my thoughts, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Moon's POV

"Ha! I won. Jeon Jungkook, I hate to say this. But. You. Suck!" My team had just beat Jungkook's team in Overwatch for the tenth time today. Jungkook sighed in defeat, having no excuse for losing ten times in a row.

My eyes started to burn, so I decided to take a break. I threw the controller on Jungkook's bed and turned to face him. "What made you want to be an idol?" I asked.

Jungkook was taken aback by the question for a second. "I was a part of a singing contest, I've always liked singing. My parents encouraged me to join the contest just for fun. Even though I lost, I ended up getting offers from seven companies." He looked slightly shocked himself even though it's been years. I nodded.

"Why didn't you want to be an idol?" He quickly asked. I looked at him confused, and then burst out laughing. "What kind of question is that?" I asked.

He just shrugged his shoulders. "Well, one, I grew up in the States, so although I knew about K-Pop it wasn't necessarily on my radar. And two, I can't dance to save my life."

"We can teach you to dance, it's not too bad. As long as you have a sense of beat." I looked at him with raised eyebrows, knowing that there was no way anyone could ever teach me to dance.

"Wait, if you got offers from seven companies, why did you choose BigHit? Wasn't BigHit relatively small?" I was curious.

"Namjoon hyung" he said without hesitation. "I joined because of Namjoon hyung."

My cheeks immediately heated up. Thank god Jungkook couldn't see me right now since his room was relatively dark.

"A-Ah, I see. That's nice."

Jungkook just snickered.

"Namjoon hyung was the coolest. He still is. I didn't know someone could be so cool." Jungkook got up and began putting away the controllers. He turned to me. "Don't you think so too?"

"Yeah. I think he's pretty cool. I guess..."