𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 - just friends

The chilly breeze fans Y/n's face as she walks home

The chilly breeze fans Y/n's face as she walks home. It was almost winter break. Y/n has been waiting since the first day of school. With each step, she would hear a light crunch under her boots. 

Y/n shivered as she put her gloved hands in her warm coat pocket. Looking through the corner of her eye, she saw her fireplace lit up in her home. She quickly walked towards her door, unsteadily taking out her key and unlocking it. 

She sighed in relief before shrugging her coat off and removing her hat and gloves. It was freezing outside. 

Her parents were in the kitchen making dinner while Y/n settled near the warm flames in the living room. She raised her hands in front of the fire, instantly warming up. Y/n looked to her side when she noticed two boys walking up to her house and knocking rapidly on the door. 

Opening the door, Y/n finds Robin Arellano, her best friend, next to Finney Blake. Before she could say anything, the boys pushed through her and sat next to the fire.

Y/n's mom peeks into the room. "Who is it?" She questions, taking a sip of piping hot tea.

"It's Robin and Finney!" Y/n replies, pulling a sweater above her t-shirt. Her mom nods as she continues to walk around the house. 

Robin sits on the couch and removes his jacket. "Thanks for letting us in. You're the best," he says. 

"You guys didn't even ask. You just walked in!" Y/n scoffs, taking a pillow from the couch and hitting him with it. 

Finney only laughs before smirking at Y/n. She throws the pillow at him, but he successfully catches it. Y/n rolled her eyes before focusing on the TV, which was playing reruns of old cartoons.

Y/n attempted to throw the pillow at Finney to wipe the smirk off his face before Robin noticed.  Finney always hints at Y/n every time she interacts with Robin.

Unfortunately, Y/n has developed a crush on Robin Arellano. However, it wasn't small; it was a massive crush. 

Y/n has liked him for a few years now. She admired everything about him, from his personality to how the bandana held his perfect hair back and his stupid smile.

She couldn't hold these feelings in anymore, so she decided to reveal them to Finney. His only reaction was the chips he was holding fell from the ground. 

Since then, Finney has always supported the two becoming a couple. It got on Y/n's nerves a lot. 

Sadly, Y/n doubted that Robin Arellano liked her back. He always thought of her as his best friend. It sucked, but that's how life is. Hopefully, she'd move on from this. They were just friends, after all. 

-

"I'm all warmed up now," Finney coughs into his fist. He gets up from the floor and places his coat on the coat hanger. "Want to go upstairs?" 

Robin and Y/n agree before racing Finney into Y/n's room. 

Robin collapses onto Y/n's bed and tries to take a nap. Y/n stares at him with raised eyebrows. "We have homework. You know that, right?" Y/n asks. Robin sits up immediately. 

"What homework?" Finney and Y/n laugh at him as Robin grabs his backpack and pulls out the papers he received that day. 

Robin eventually gives up and tries to go back to sleep. Y/n grabs her radio and puts it on her desk, shuffling through the channels until she finds a song she likes.

Y/n adored music; more than anything. It was her favorite thing in the whole world. 

Unfortunately, the radio only played Christmas music. Everyone was sick of hearing the same ten songs on repeat. Y/n sighed as she pulled out a record from her shelf. 

Robin took a pillow and covered his face. "Can you turn that off? I'm trying to sleep," he groaned. Y/n only lowered the volume of the turntable. She glanced at Finney peacefully doing his homework on her rug. 

She lay next to him, taking her assignment and copying his answers. Finney pulls his worksheet away. "Do it yourself," he chuckled. She glared at him before getting up and sitting next to her desk. 

Scribbling down her answers, she took a glimpse out of the window. It was continuously snowing. Y/n hoped the snow wouldn't stop anytime soon, so there would be a snow day at school tomorrow. 

Y/n then turned to Robin, who was asleep peacefully. How could he still look cute even when he's sleeping? Y/n thought. She got interrupted by a forced cough. Y/n glances at Finney, who has a smug smile on his face. 

"Shut up!" She threw a pencil at Finney's face, causing him to yelp. 

"Asshole!" He yells.

Robin woke up from the two's bickering. "You both are assholes. Now let me sleep!" He says before turning to the wall. 

"Sorry," Y/n apologizes. Finney had a smirk on his face once again. She grabs a stuffed animal on her desk and chucks it at Finney, glaring at him. 

-

A/N:
hi! i am now going to be writing a (better) robin arellano book! if you haven't already, don't read my current one! I'll unpublish it soon anyway. 
i hope you enjoyed this first chapter. have a wonderful day <3