𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - idiot

"Fuck you, Arellano

"Fuck you, Arellano."

Robin stood there in shock as he watched her stomp outside. He didn't expect that reaction out of her. He just wanted Bruce gone.

"Wait! Y/n!" He shouted, rushing after her. Great. Now he pissed off his best friend, who was also his crush. 

Y/n ignored his calls and continued to walk home. It was tiring due to the deep snow. Robin successfully caught up to her and tried to grab her shoulder to get her attention, but Y/n shrugged it off.

The snow started to fall harder. 

"Leave me alone, Robin."

"No, I won't," he responded sternly. Y/n sighed and turned in his direction. He was annoyingly stubborn. Robin didn't expect her to turn around so quickly, so he paused to try and think about what to say.

Rolling her eyes, she turns back and begins to walk home again, hovering her hand over her head to prevent any snow from her face. She couldn't believe it. Out of all people, Y/n's first crush decided to interrupt her other crush when he was about to ask her out. Maybe it was time to take a break from both of them and have time for herself. 

She could go to the dance with her other friends. Y/n didn't have to go on a date with anyone. It was only what everyone else was doing. It was a stupid middle school dance. It didn't matter. 

Besides the sound of crunching snow under her feet and the wind, she also heard Robin run after her. She started to walk faster, her boots sinking as she continued. 

"Y/n, please, listen to me," Robin said. He was almost begging for Y/n. He tried to block her way by running in front of her, but she only passed him, not looking at him once. 

Robin was busy preventing Bruce from asking her to the dance that he forgot how to be a supportive best friend. However, he never realized it. Love sucks. 

Y/n looked up and noticed she was a few blocks away from home. She wanted to be as far away from him as possible. He wouldn't stop going after her; he was so desperate. 

"What do you want from me, Robin? You already ruined my chance with Bruce!" Y/n yelled. She finally gave up because of how much Robin was disturbing her. 

It was tough to stay still. The weather was bitter, so the two shivered in front of each other. "I..." Robin trails off. 

"You run after me only to say nothing?" Y/n huffed. "Why do you care so much about me hanging out with Bruce? 

Robin crossed his arms. "Because I just do."

Y/n scoffed. Boys are so vague, she thought. "You know, you and Finney aren't the only people I'm allowed to hang out with."

Snow began to fall harder. Residents and kids that were playing were rushing inside their homes, so now it was just the two. "Now, tell me the truth. Why did you interrupt us?"

Robin's hands curved into fists as he sank into his jacket. It was freezing outside. He didn't know what to say. His best friend was furious at him, but he naturally had to act upset too.

"Because Bruce isn't good enough for you. He's stupid," Robin blurts. 

Laughing at him sarcastically, Y/n rolled her eyes at his brainless remark. That's the only thing he could come up with? He barely knows the guy. "Seriously? God, Robin," she's almost there. Only two more blocks. Then, she's finally at home to hole up in her room, blast music, and pretend like nothing ever happened. 

"Why do you care who's 'good enough for me? You never even blinked an eye whenever I talked about a boy, but suddenly you do? What has gotten into you?" Y/n shouted. Luckily people didn't know where the argument was and who was arguing. Y/n did not want a student to spread a rumor about them. 

"I'm your best friend, Y/n," Robin was trembling, despite all the layers he was wearing. 

"Best friends don't do shit like that."

Y/n rushes her way home, but before she does, she turns around. "Can you tell me the truth? I know you're lying to me." Robin hesitates, but he doesn't respond. As much as Y/n was mad at him, she wanted to give him a second chance.

"You tried your best to try and get Bruce to leave, but you won't tell me why? You're so ignorant!" 

"Y/n, I'm just looking out for you," Robin answers. Y/n still doesn't believe him. The answer's too simple. 

The snow under them began to pile up, almost reaching Y/n's ankles. "You know what? I give up. You're wasting my time," she mutters as she turns away from him. She was a few feet away from her house. 

"It's because I fucking like you. Is that what you wanted to hear?" Robin shouts. He turns in the other direction because he gave up as well. How did she not take the hint?

 Y/n's breath hitches, stopping her from walking. She stood there, paralyzed. What the hell did she hear from him?

"Don't joke with me like that," Y/n chuckles nervously. Robin has got to be messing with her. 

He shook his head. "I'm not joking. I'm serious."

"You swear?"

"I swear."

"I still don't believe you," Y/n commented. 

The boy she's had a crush on for as long as she could remember; likes her back? This moment has to be a dream. No, a nightmare.

"Fine. Maybe this will convince you."

Robin cautiously leans in and presses his lips on hers. Unconsciously, Y/n kisses back, wrapping her arms around his neck. The air in her lungs pushed out in an instant. Robin's hand trailed up to Y/n's face, cupping her cheek. What they were doing couldn't be stopped. It was too late.

Shit. 

Because of the snow piling up on them, they had to let go; their eyes widened from what they just did.

Y/n ran as fast as she could from him; she never said anything after. Robin Arellano stole her first kiss. It was a bittersweet emotion; he was her crush, after all. 

What was she supposed to tell Bruce?