𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - avoidance

Y/n impatiently tapped her foot, waiting for the receptionist to get her textbooks

Y/n impatiently tapped her foot, waiting for the receptionist to get her textbooks. She was supposed to pick it up at 7:45, but it was 8 AM. 

"God, can't you take any longer?" she muttered. The receptionist took five years.

Turning her head to the ring of a bell, she made eye contact with the boy she's been avoiding for the past few days. 

It was an awkward pause; Robin and Y/n didn't know what to say to each other. The kiss was both astonishing and embarrassing. Robin gave her a small smile, but Y/n didn't return it; she only looked away from him. She hasn't interacted with Robin or Bruce since the incident. 

She hasn't answered Bruce's calls or walked with Robin to school. She decided to go with her friends instead of going out with a boy. No more boys for her.

However, running away from her problems wouldn't solve them.

Y/n's eyes moved to the receptionist, who finally came to her desk with the books she desperately needed. The woman took her time writing down the slip of paper marking that Y/n got her textbooks. 

Rubbing the bridge of her nose, Y/n subtly glanced at Robin with his arms crossed, slouched on an uneven chair. She didn't have the guts to go and ask him. 

Once she dropped the books on the desk, Y/n immediately grabbed them and sped out the door, not looking at Robin. 

Speeding down the hallways, Y/n wasn't paying attention to where she was going. She bumped into multiple people, including Bruce Yamada. 

It was a quick moment; Y/n only quietly apologized before returning to the classroom. Unluckily, Bruce was in that class. He was definitely going to go up to her at some point. 

The teacher scribbled math formulas on the chalkboard, tiredly explaining how to solve them. It was a faint background noise to Y/n; she was nervously staring at Bruce, hoping he wouldn't talk to her. 

She observed the classroom, trying to find a way to exit the room before he did. She had to avoid him at all costs. Having a conversation with him would be humiliating after Robin pulled that stunt. 

It was 8:50. It was almost time for the next class. Y/n was praying that Bruce wouldn't go up to her, but she doubted it would happen. 

The bell noisily rang, and the teacher dismissed the class. Y/n left her seat and snatched her bag, speeding out.

"Y/n!" She heard a voice called out. It wasn't Bruce; it was Robin. Fuck. Y/n began to run faster. 

Unfortunately, Robin was a great runner. He stopped in front of her, causing Y/n to halt. 

"Oh, Robin," she responds awkwardly, slinging the bag over her shoulders. 

"We haven't talked in a while— ever since the incident. Is everything alright?" He asked, concerned. 

Pressing her lips into a line, she nods. "Yeah. I'm not ready to talk about it," Y/n stated, walking away from him again. 

Y/n felt a hand on her wrist. She sighed and glared at Robin. "Well, we have to talk about it soon. I don't like how you're avoiding everyone."

"Fine."

"Okay. Meet me at the gym after school," Robin grinned, walking to his next period. 

Shit.

-

Luckily, Y/n hasn't interacted with Bruce the entire day. She has only one class left with him, and Y/n doesn't have to see him for the rest of school. 

As much as she liked Bruce, she couldn't bear the awkwardness she would feel around him. 

It was strange having a crush; one day, you don't want to separate from them, then the next day, you can't stand being in the same room with your crush without freaking out. 

The door opened suddenly, startling the students who were early. Bruce's friends walked in, and he was behind them, laughing about something. Curious, Y/n sat up to see what was happening.

Oh. 

Bruce Yamada was laughing with a brunette girl who was flirtatiously holding onto him. Ugh, it was a disgusting sight to see. The girl was trying too hard to fit in with them. You could tell she liked Bruce— and it seemed like he was interested in her.

Although, was it disgusting, or was Y/n jealous?

"Whatever," Y/n muttered as she forcefully opened her notebook and scribbled down the words on the whiteboard. She wasn't sure what she was writing; Y/n just wanted to look busy. 

Glancing at Bruce, she noticed he was already looking at her. Shit. Y/n quickly looked away, but she glimpsed the facial expression; he was pitiful. 

Y/n was too late. Bruce moved on to another girl. It was easy for him; everyone was in love with Bruce Yamada. 

It was fine. Y/n would live. He was only a teenage boy. Unfortunately, he was perfect. She would never find someone like Bruce Yamada again.