𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 - odd

"Guess who's hanging out with Bruce Yamada this weekend?"

Y/n sits on the park bench next to Robin and Finney. It was lightly snowing that day; she held her hand out to try and catch the snowflakes falling from the blue sky. Finney gives her a strange look. 

"Yamada?" Finney remarks. Y/n nods. No one has ever asked her to do something like this. It was new and exciting. Y/n dusts the snowflakes off then she takes a sip of her water bottle. 

It was windy, so the three got up and went home together. Robin was staring at the ground during the entire journey. Finney nudges Robin a bit, making him scoff and glare at him. Finney mouths something to Robin, and Y/n notices. She couldn't decipher what he was saying. 

"Do you have a crush on Bruce?" Robin blurts out. Finney smacks his hand on his forehead in disappointment. He didn't instruct Robin to say that.

Y/n furrows her eyebrows. "No! I was just excited I finally got to hang out with someone other than you two," she responds, taking a rock off the snowy ground and throwing it. 

"Is it like a date or something?" Robin mutters. Y/n shrugs. Robin sighs, placing his trembling hands in his pocket. It was a stupid idea not to wear gloves that day. 

"Not sure," she replies. "Even if it was, why are you so interested in my love life?" She adds. Robin shakes his head. Finney rolls his eyes at the two's bickering. He was sick of being in between them. 

"Because I'm your best friend, dumbass!" He retorts, crossing his arms. Y/n scoffs, zipping up her coat. 

It was colder than most winter days. Robin was the first one to leave the group. He greets the two goodbyes before dashing up his stairs and into his home.  Finney blows into his hands and rubs them to create friction. 

"Are you sure you don't like Bruce?" Finney says. Y/n stares at him. 

"No. I just met Bruce!" She assures. "Besides, I like Robin. I don't know why, he can be a pain in the ass sometimes," she huffs. Finney chuckles at her. 

They arrive at Finney's house. "See you tomorrow!" He calls out before walking into his house, slipping on the black ice covering his driveway. Y/n covered her mouth, trying not to laugh at him while he is still around. 

Y/n sends him a wave before walking to her own home. Robin was acting strange whenever Y/n brought up Bruce. Maybe he could like her back! Although, Robin is always talking about the girls that ask him out during class. When will he figure out that Y/n was right there for him? Boys are foolish. 

God, having a crush on your dense best friend is the worst thing ever.