𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 - stalker

"Wanna go to the diner and see what Bruce and Y/n are doing?"

Robin asks, throwing a baseball up and down. Finney looks at him in disgust. The two friends were just at Finney's house, reading some Marvel comic books.

"What? No! That makes us seem like stalkers." He scoffs, flipping the pages and admiring the colorful images. 

Robin lies down on the bed, resting on his arms. He was curious to see why Bruce asked her out. They haven't interacted before. Robin looks to Finney, who is selecting another comic book to read. 

"Fine. Let's go out. I'm bored," Robin responds, grabbing his jacket and walking out the door. Finney follows him, even though he wants to stay inside and read. 

They didn't know where they were going. Robin just wanted to go somewhere, so Finney listened. He didn't want to be alone.

Looking around, Robin noticed a group of students— Bruce's friends, talking in front of a bookstore. He subtly walks near them to catch a glimpse of who is in the circle. Bruce and Y/n weren't there, so the two went somewhere else. 

They ended up at the Grab n Go, which was sadly closed. Only Vance Hopper was outside, trying to jam the lock to play pinball. Robin sighs and continues walking nowhere. 

Finney scoffs at Robin because they 'accidentally' ended up at the diner. "Seriously, Robin?" he says. Robin ignores him as he walks inside the building. 

Walking through the empty diner, he realized Bruce and Y/n weren't there. Finney attempts to order something at the bar, but Robin grabs him by his jacket and drags him outside.

"Hey, I'm hungry!" Finney yells. 

"I don't care."

-

The duo has been walking around for a very long time. Finney and Robin stopped at a small restaurant in the town square before Finney was so hungry he could eat the dirt off the ground. 

Robin takes a small bite out of his pretzel. "This food sucks, Finn," he comments. Finney shrugs in reply.

"I think it's pretty good," Finney responds. Robin scoffs. 

After what felt like hours of convincing, Robin finally agreed to go back to Finney's home.

"You know, Robin, you've been acting creepy today. Why are you so obsessed with finding Bruce and Y/n? They're just hanging out," Finney adds. Robin stays silent to ignore his dumb question. 

Kicking a rock down the sidewalk, Robin looks up after hearing some laughing. He recognized that laugh. 

He sees Bruce Yamada and Y/n L/n. Y/n was wearing a jacket over her shoulders. That wasn't Y/n's jacket. Robin would've known if it was hers. 

What the fuck? Why is she wearing Yamada's jacket?

Robin stands still, staring at them walk into Y/n's house. His eyebrows furrowed. She returns the jacket to Bruce, thank God. He watched as Bruce walked home. Bruce spins in happiness as he strides away from Y/n's home.

So fucking annoying. Bruce hasn't even talked to Y/n before. Now he's on a date with her? Stupid.

"Robin? You alright?" Finney questions, shaking him. Robin snaps out of his thoughts, shaking Finney's hand off his shoulder. 

"I'm doing great. How about you?" Robin responds sarcastically. Finney pauses for a moment, processing what just happened. 

Holy shit.

"You're jealous, aren't you, Robin?" Finney gasped. 

He shakes his head. "I'm not jealous. I just don't like Bruce. I don't think he's good enough for Y/n," Robin responds, placing his hands into his warm pockets. 

"You don't think he's good enough for her because you like her," Finney comments, taking a bite of his pretzel.

Robin grabs the snack and throws it on the ground. "What the fuck?" Finney yells. 

"I'm not jealous of Bruce, and I do not like Y/n! She's my best friend." Robin defensively exclaims. 

"From that reaction, I think you do," Finney mentions. 

"Shut the fuck up."

Finney stuffs the pretzel in a trash can a few feet away. Robin hesitates before walking behind Finney.

He doesn't have a crush Y/n. Even if he did, she wouldn't like him back. Y/n likes Bruce now. 

"Ask her to the dance," Finney dusts the snow off his light brown hair. 

Robin furrows his eyebrows and gives him a look. "Bruce already did. Maybe that's why he asked her to hang out today."

"So you were planning to ask Y/n?" Finney smirks. 

Shit. Finney caught Robin. 

"N-no. Maybe. Just as friends, you know?" Robin stutters. Finney raises his eyebrows before going to his house. 

Unlocking the door to the cramped home, Robin goes into Finney's room and lies on the bed. "Should I ask Y/n to the dance?"

Finney sits on the bed next to him, holding a Shang-Chi comic book. "If you want to," he says while excitedly opening the first page.

"You think she'd say yes?" Robin curiously asks. Finney takes a glimpse of Robin. You can tell he was thinking. He rarely does that. 

Finney nods happily. "Y/n would definitely say yes," he hints. Robin gets up.

"Nah, I don't think so," Robin sighs before going to sleep. 

Placing the book down on the nightstand, Finney rolls his eyes. "God, Robin, you are clueless," he murmurs. 

"What did you say?" he asks groggily.

"Nothing. Go to sleep."