𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 - interruptions

Y/n saw Bruce waiting for her at the diner

Y/n saw Bruce waiting for her at the diner. She quickly sat down across from him in the booth. His eyes lit up when he saw her face.

"Hey," he grins. "Do you want anything?" He says, taking out a menu. Y/n decides to order a milkshake.

Bruce noticed something was off with Y/n. She wasn't as bright as she always was; she was also zoning out. Bruce waves his hand in front of her face. "Y/n? You alright?" He questions.

Y/n snaps out of her thoughts. "Y-yeah. I'm fine," she chuckles nervously. Bruce suspiciously nods in reply. There had to be something wrong with her; he couldn't figure out what it was. 

Outside, it was snowing again. It was a lot more than the previous days, so Y/n struggled to walk to the diner because of the deep snow under her feet. Y/n took off her hat and coat and set them next to her in the booth. 

The waitress strolls over and sets the drinks down before giving them a warm smile. Y/n takes a small sip of her milkshake, and Bruce takes a swig of his hot chocolate.

"How was your day?" Bruce questions, making small talk. 

Y/n's lips stretch thin. "I've been okay," she responds. 

"You sure?" Bruce asks. Y/n smiles as a way of saying yes. She appreciated that Bruce; was looking out for her, but she got annoyed. 

Anxiously clearing his throat, Bruce sets his hot chocolate on the table. "Y/n, I've been meaning to ask you this for a while," he starts. Y/n's breath hitches. He was going to ask her to the winter dance. 

"I was wondering if you would like to go with me to the—"

Bruce gets cut off by a familiar voice. Y/n was ready to say yes, but when she looked up, she saw the person why it took her so long to decide.

-

"Hey, Bruce, Y/n! What a coincidence," Robin exclaims. He was next to Finney, who was standing there. You can tell by the looks on Finney's face that he was embarrassed. Y/n shoots Robin a glare. They came at the worst time possible. Was it even a coincidence? She doubts it. 

"Oh, hello, Robin," Bruce awkwardly greets. Robin sarcastically smiles before settling next to Y/n in the booth. Y/n stares at him as she scoots over unconsciously. Bruce looks at Y/n with raised eyebrows when Y/n subtly shrugs in reply. They were both puzzled by what was going on. 

Robin pats the spot next to him, signaling Finney to sit by him. Finney shakes his head before leaving. "Uh, I gotta go. Gwen needs help with her homework," he excuses himself. Y/n knew that Finney didn't want to be in this mess. As Robin takes his order, Y/n gets madder by the minute. 

Taking a deep sigh to calm herself down, she taps Robin on the shoulder. "Robin, can you sit somewhere else? Bruce was in the middle of asking something," she says politely. Robin's eyes are slightly-widen as he looks at the two. Bruce was going to ask Y/n out before he could. 

"He can ask it in front of me. I don't mind," Robin responds. Y/n scoffs at his unusual behavior. Robin gives Bruce a look as he gets more nervous. 

"Uh, I-I don't think this is a good time. I w-was planning to ask Y/n privately," Bruce stutters. Robin was giving him a death stare. Bruce was sure he would beat the shit out of him if he asked Y/n out right in front of his face. He knew that Robin liked her. It was evident to everyone except her. 

It was quiet for a few moments. Y/n nervously tapped on the table, giving Bruce a look, hoping he'd understand. Bruce looked at Robin, who was continuously staring at him, attempting to intimidate him. He sends a warm smile as he gets up. 

"I think I should go. It looks like Robin would like to say something to you," Bruce smiles at Y/n and glares at Robin before leaving the diner. 

Waiting for Bruce to be out of sight, Y/n hits Robin on his arm harshly. "What the hell, Y/n?" He yells while Y/n rushes out of the diner. She was pissed. 

"Fuck you, Arellano."