𝖝𝖑. a price to has to be paid

chapter forty

chapter forty.
( a price has to be paid )

              THERE WAS SOMETHING SO INEFFABLY PAINFUL ABOUT LOSING someone you loved

              THERE WAS SOMETHING SO INEFFABLY PAINFUL ABOUT LOSING someone you loved. It was cold and cruel and heart-wrenching to know that someone you hold in your heart so dearly had slipped from your fingers, just in the matter of mere moments. It was almost something so difficult to comprehend, and it felt as though a hole had been carved where your heart was supposed to be.

           Caelum Lestrange wasn't dead, but Ascella Black was certain she wouldn't see him again.

              Being Bellatrix Lestrange's son came with a price. Caelum's life, his freedom, everything that made him him was that price. It was inevitable, really, and Ascella should have seen it coming from a mile away — there was no way Bellatrix could exist outside the confines of Azkaban, with the knowledge her son was in Hogwarts, away from her.

              Against other opinions, Bellatrix did care for her son. It wasn't in the way Seraphina cared for Ascella, but more so in the twisted type of care — she only loved him when he succeeded her expectations. It wasn't an unconditional love, it was the love that Caelum had to earn. He had to gain his mother's love, and sitting within the walls of Hogswarts wouldn't get him anywhere. Bellatrix wanted her son, so she concocted a plan.

              A plan that, in the end, was successful, and left two teenagers distraught with the loss of their loved one.

              Ascella didn't recall how she ended up outside Dumbledore's office. After Elias had told her Caelum was gone, having vanished ( taken, was the correct term, but they hadn't come to that realisation yet ) in the depth of the night, and everything had been a blur from then on. She briefly remembered someone grabbing her wrist, words being spoken into her pierced ears, possibly reassuring her, comforting, but perhaps it could have been orders, somewhere she needed to go or something to do.