°•9•°

Light's POV:

It's a bit early in the morning but the train station is busy with a lot of people. I'm leaning against the wall wearing a beanie to cover most of my hair, a hoodie, pants and some regular running shoes. I'm also carrying a file in my one arm. Ryuk is just being Ryuk. You know, being curious and asking questions the entire time.

Ryuk:"There sure are a lot of humans. Are you going to do it here?"

Light:"I'll show you what I've learned from all of the investigation and experiments I've done these past few days."

Ryuk:"Experiments?"

Light:"Yes. I've been testing different killing methods on criminals in this area. First, I write the cause of death and the circumstances in the Death Note. Then when I write a name in afterwards, it becomes true."

I then saw someone that I was looking for. I then straight, a bit away from the wall, and pulled my hood of my hoodie over my head.

Light:"He's here. Right on time."

My target, Raye Penber, walked past me. When his back was faced towards me, I took my chance to sneak up behind him.

No one's POV:

Light:"Mr. Raye Penber."

He immediately stopped in his tracks and looked like he was about to take a look around for the source of the voice.

Light:"I'll kill you if you turn around. I'm Kira."

Raye visibly stiffened after hearing what he had just said.

Light:"If you turn aroun or put your hand in your pocket, I will kill you on the spot."

Raye:'I-It couldn't be... But his voice... I've heard it somewhere.'

Light:"I shall first prove to you that I am Kira. I'll kill the man with glasses working at the coffee shop you are looking at."

Raye:'Th-That's impossible. Don't do it...'

The said man then folded over in pain and gripped his shirt. He was having a heart attack. He then eventually died as a crowd of some sort formed around the corps

Light:"I had no choice. I thought that if I don't kill at least one person, you wouldn't believe me. That man hes been repeatedly accused of sexual assault, but the police have never convicted him because of a lack of evidence. He was a menace and deserved to be punished. You may already have heard from L, that I cannot kill someone unless I know their face. I could kill everyone you see here. If you have any requests, I'll do it."

Raye:"D-Don't do it. I believe that you're Kira."

Light:"You, of course, care about your loved ones more than you do the people here, right? Consider them to be hostages."

Raye:"Y-You know about her?!"

Light:"That's right. I've investigated you. I shall kill everyone, including your family, if you don't do exactly as I say. You too, of course."

Raye:"I-I understand. What do you want me to do?"

Light:"You have a computer with you, don't you? Is there a file on the agents who've come to Japan?"

Raye:"My laptop is for work. I always carry it around with me. But those files aren't in it."

Light:"Then take this envelope. First, take out the transceiver and put on the earphone."

Light then walked towards a direction whilst Raye did as told.

Raye:'A transceiver... It's almost like a toy. But this won't leave a transmission record anywhere and we can converse at close distance even underground. He's thought this out.'

Light:"Please take the Yamanote Line. It doesn't matter if you take the inner circle or outr circle. I shall be observing you from a close distance. Even when you're on the train, look forward. Keep your eyes focused on one spot. Don't forget, I can kill at any time. Once you're on, sit in the corner closest to the door. If it's taken, wait until it's free."

The said train came to a screeching halt as Raye got on board and do as he was told.

Light:"First, I must ask you something. If your answer differs significantly from what I expect, I will kill your girlfriend. Of the FBI agents who have come to Japan, how many are there and how are they organised? Please answer into the transceiver."

Raye:"I-I've heard it's four teams and a total of thirteen people."

Light:"Next, take out what's in the envelope."

He did as told and found sheets of paper with small columns underneath each other on the left hand side.

Raye:'Huh?! What is this?'

Light:"Of those investigators, write the name of the agent who is directly in charge of you all in the space at the top."

Raye:'What's the meaning of this? What is he planning? But I have to do as he says. He shouldn't be able to kill with just names alone.'

Light:"Next, open your laptop. You should be receiving a file from your superior soon. A file of all the names and faces of the FBI agents who came to Japan."

It came true.

Raye:'Wh-What's going on?'

Light:"Now, like you just did, take a good look at each agent's face as you write their names on the envelope."

Raye:'I don't understand it. What is Kira trying to do? What is he doing?'

Raye completed his task as he closed his computer.

Light:"Looks like you're finished. Now put the transceiver and envelope with the names on it back into their original envelope and put them on the rack. Now pur your habds on your lap and continue riding the train without making a move for about thirty minutes. When you are sure that nobody has noticed that you have forgotten the envelope, get off the train."

He then sat quietly for thity minutes whilst leaving the envelope on the rack.

Raye:'Why? Why can't I remember that voice?'

The train came to another screeching halt as Raye got off the train.

Raye:'Kira... Who are you?'

Raye came to a halt as he feels the place where his hart lies tighten. Like the others, he grabbed his clothes where his heart lies and fell to the ground on his knees and his left hand, the other 'holding' his heart. He heard the doors close as he looks behind him to see Kira himself standing at the closing doors as another person, standing a bit behind Kira, watched the scene unfold. The person's expression was hard to read but definitely had the emotion of amusement in their eyes.

Raye:'Yagami Light... And... L/n Y/n.?'

Light:"Farewell, Raye Penber."

Y/n:'What an interesting event. Light was smart about how he arranged this little ordeal. Though, unfortunately for him, I have great senses. Now, eat this you shitty end boss!'

Light's POV:
Night, at home:

Light was back home and at his desk, looking through pages that Raye Penber wrote on.

Light:'Raye Penber was writing those names on pages taken from the Death Note. He unwittingly killed all of his co-workers. Prnber's directions were to die after sending the file to all of the agents. The rest of the agents all died of heart attacks fter the file was received.'

After his thoughts, he gave a small smile for his success.

__________________________________________________________

Hi, thank you for
the 2k and your
patience.
I hope you've
enjoyed this chapter.
Have a great day/night
and stay
safe!
༼⁠ ⁠つ⁠ ⁠◕⁠‿⁠◕⁠ ⁠༽⁠つ

1267 words