°•18•°

Previously:

Y/n:"I'm on time, mom! Heck, I was two minutes early!"

At the moment I'm running away from my mother that is trying to kill me with her slippers and I don't like it! She's really fast! Also, she's really strong so if I get touched with the flying slippers, I'm actually dead!

Mom:"That doesn't explain where you were and why you didn't tell me!(⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠'⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻"

Y/n:"I said I'm sorry!ಥ⁠╭⁠╮⁠ಥ"

Mom:"I don't give a shit! Get your ass over here!"

Y/n:'And dad really just had to be busy. On second thought, he wouldn't even try to stop her.( ಠ⁠ಗ⁠ಠ)'

And it continued until one became tired, and got his ass beaten.Rip buddy.

Present time with the Investigators:
No one's POV:

The Investigators were in a dark room with a lot, and I mean a lot, of documents and three televisions on the table.

Aizawa:"That was footage that was coincidentally captured on surveillance cameras of the FBI agents who died in Japan."

Almost everyone couldn't keep their eyes open as everyone also had very much visible eye bags. L and F/n wasn't effected by the sleepless nights.

L:"Please show me only the scene of Raye Penber passing the ticket gate, riding the train, and then dying."

Aizawa(not Dadzawa.) grabbed the said tapes as they rewatched it. Matsuda then read what happened at which time.

Matsuda:"Uh... Raye Penber enters through the ticket gate of Shinjuku Station at 3:11. At 3:13, he rides the Yamanote Line. Even if he was following someone, it would be difficult to conclude anything from this blurry video."

Watari was in the background, scooping ice cream and giving it to the tired team. F/n and L was fine but still took the ice cream.

F/n:'How long ago did I eat ice cream? I miss it.(ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ)'

Matsuda:"And at 4:42... Oh, thank you very much. Uh... And at 4:42, he gets off and dies at the Tokyo Station platform."

L:"That's strange, isn't it?"

Aizawa:"Huh?"

Yagami:"L, what's strange?"

F/n:"Are you talking about how long he was on the train or the fact that he didn't have that yellow envelope with him when he got off he train?"

Matsuda:"What are you talking about?"

L:"Both, actually. Judging by this footage, from the time that Raye Penber got on the train until his death, he had been riding for an hour and a half. The Yamanote Line only takes an hour. That envelope is especially strange."

Aizawa:"Okay, again with the envelope. What are you two going on about?"

L rewinded the tape to show them.

L:"He's holding that envelope as he enters the ticket gate and reaches the platform."

Aizawa finally noticed.

Aizawa:"H-He is! He's carrying it! But by the time he dies, it disappeared! Ryuzaki, F/n, it's amazing you noticed that!"

Mr Yagami:"An envelope isn't in his list of articles he left behind."

F/n:"Which means it was left on the train."

L:"And this video of Penber's final moments... It looks to me as if he's desperately trying to look inside the train."