21

House of Cards

'You're my person, you're mine.'

"Baby, are you sure you're alright?" It's funny how one single incident can drastically change the way we look at things. The nickname he gave her, the name that sends tingles down her body seemed rather unsettling. 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm alright." She nodded against his neck. She was leaning against his body, head resting on his shoulder and face nuzzled in his neck. They were spending time together, Namjoon busy with the setlist for the upcoming concerts while Mishil simply basked in his warmth. 

"You've been rather quiet since we came back from the practice hall, is everything alright?" Why was she even trying to fool? This man was soo observant that nothing could ever evade his eyes. "Don't worry Joon, I'm just a bit tired," She assured, snuggling further into his neck. 

"Then sweetheart, get some rest. You don't have to stay awake with me," He attempted to push her towards the pillows behind him. "I rarely get to spend time with you and now you want to put me to sleep. It's almost like you don't wanna spend time with me," Mishil pouted, glaring at her soulmate. Of course, she was joking but the underlying curiosity to see how Namjoon would react to this was there. Truly, words really are the strongest weapons.  Capable of destroying something built soo strongly, soo carefully in literal seconds. 

To his credit, Namjoon meanwhile, laughed and placed a gentle kiss on the crown of her head. "If it was left to me, I'd have brought you to stage to me but baby, your well-being is the topmost priority to me and then again;" He shoved the MacBook and the papers away from him before wrapping his arms around her and letting their backs hit the pillows. "You're mine for the rest of my life, so what's the rush?" 

Mishil giggled, her cheeks flaming as she buried her face in his chest. "You and your cheesy words," She spoke to the material of his t-shirt. "Hey! They aren't cheesy. They are the truth! You should know," He laughed, running his hands down her back. "Yeah, yeah Mr lyrical genius! I admit! Finish your work and then we can go to bed!" "But I wanna cuddle!" He pouted like he was a 5-year-old.  "Get up Joonie!" Mishil laughed, using all her strength to pull her boyfriend back to a seated position. 

Once he was sitting albeit pouting, Mishil made herself comfortable on his exposed thigh, her black hair spread across the expanse of his lap. The buzzing of the golden soulmate energy on the crook of her neck was too much for Mishil to almost whimper out. But nonetheless, she swallowed the urge and made herself comfortable in his lap. "Here! I'm as close as I can be. Now finish your leader duties. I'm waiting," Namjoon laughed silently before leaning down to press a kiss on her temple and then returning to double-check the setlist and the arrangements for their next concert in Newark.

Mishil busied herself with her phone, listening to music. And Namjoon would've kept on working for who knows how long until he heard his girlfriend humming to his newest solo. Smiling gently, he gathered his papers and shut his laptop before setting them aside and proceeding to slide down until he was at eye level with her,  their heads on the mattress. The soulmate energy coursing through their veins, making their sore limbs feel lighter. They were simply holding hands, lying against each other but the intensity of the soulmate energy made the both of them sigh. 

"I wrote that song thinking about you," He shyly confessed, making Mishil's eyes go wide. Tossing her phone and headphones aside, she turned to him. "About me?" "Well technically I didn't know who you were but I thought about my soulmate while writing it. I wasn't exactly keen on finding my soulmate; well you know that story." He avoided the topic, knowing all too well how much both of them hated the subject,