08

A Brand New Day

"What's trust?"
"Being able to share each other's pain and gain."

It had been a hard day for her. Everything just kept on going berserk.

Starting from the morning, she slept through her alarm. Making her late, for her job at the event management company. The manager was a shitty guy and when Mishil realized that her limbs were aching and throbbing with the need to heal, she low-key knew she was doomed today.

But when she called her manager an 'old soot' she knew she was done for.

Well, not her fault her manager was shouting about her clearing the front desk when she was struggling to not tear her right arm off. But, that wasn't supposed to happen. She had healed fully just two days ago. That is supposed to keep her going till the end of today.

Mishil limped back to her apartment, the pain coursing through her right arm making her want to scream out in pain when she remembered, that if she was in this state, someone else would also most likely be in the same pain. She pulled out her phone, dialling her best friend.

"Yo girl! Sup?" "Can you take me to BigHit, please?" "Oh my God! Mishil, you sound bad, and are you...crying?" "Soo-Ah, please! Just....come!" "I'll be there in 10, just don't move." The phone clicked off and she let go, falling on her hands and knees on the floor, panting heavily.

The pain in her right arm began burning and she gave out a scream, not wanting to just keep it in her. She remembers Soo-Ah's voice along with a vaguely familiar voice calling out to her, shaking her. Soon, an unfamiliar pair of arms lifted her, as though she weighed nothing. Then silence.

He should've gotten the hint. When he woke up abruptly with a panicked heart and a dull pain in his arm, he should've understood that it was not him. Lucky for him, only he, Jin, and Jungkook had a schedule today. When he was halfway through practice, he almost cried with a sudden flash of pain in his arm. He should've understood. But he didn't.

Namjoon was walking in the recording room when he heard Jin's phone blow up with calls.

He saw Jin rush to his phone, through the glass door and his eyes widened when he attended the call. He spoke on the phone, his eyes panicky, and then, as abruptly as he had taken the call, he cut it off too. Jin pocketed his phone and grabbed his jacket while talking to Manager Sejin and Sondeuk Son. Namjoon saw him rush out of the practice room from the recording room but he didn't come out until he was done with his part. When he did come out, he was instantly regretting not coming out earlier.

"Hyung, where were you all this time?" It was Jungkook, who'd asked him. "In the studio, why? And where is Jin Hyung?" Jungkook's eyes widened and then he turned to look at Sejin.

"Hyung, does he not know?" Sejin merely shook his head. "Hyung! Jin Hyung and Sora Noona rushed to Mishil's apartment just half an hour ago. Soo-Ah, her best friend called and said that she could not get into the apartment and she was not picking up her calls."

It was as though a bucket of ice water had been emptied on Namjoon's spine. Panic, fear, regret, and mostly; anxiety crept up his spine as the worst possible scenarios came to his mind.

It was weird, almost uncanny to even think about how Namjoon had grown used to her presence in just 3 weeks. She had become a habit and Namjoon did not want to let go of this habit that soon.