11

Spring Day

Dedicated to SolanaStellaLuna

'That was the day I decided, you're mine, 
and that I was going to never let you go. Let us go,' 

By the time Namjoon and Mishil had reached the dorms, everyone knew of it.

The grim bond they shared. The choice Namjoon had. They'd all worried if he was gonna let her go, as they got recurrences from 3 months ago when Namjoon had clearly indicated he didn't want a soulmate. 

Jimin and his soulmate, Mi Eun stood, internally acknowledging destiny for giving them a normal bond. Jungkook and his soulmate, Mirae held onto each other's hands, remembering each other's states when they found out that they'd been in a bond that was to leave them alone soon enough.

Countless nightmares, countless nights when the girl had woken up crying. Not being able to seal the bond. But they did, and that night was the happiest night of Jungkook's life. They sympathized with the leader and his soulmate.

But the second the members saw Namjoon, they were almost relieved that the leader wouldn't make what they believed to be the biggest mistake of his life. He came with his head low, Jin had his arm around his shoulder, while Sora walked in, supporting a tear-stained Mishil.

Sora silently pushed past the heaps of people congregated in the dorm to talk to them and gently laid the unresponsive girl on Namjoon's bed. She curled up into a ball and turned to her side, sobbing silently which was mostly muffled by the pillows and covers, but Sora could hear them.

She walked outside to where the rest of the boys were seated, silent. Sora looked at Namjoon, who was sitting on the floor, with his head between his knees, silent and unresponsive, just like her.  He felt the familiar tightening in his chest. Something that was crashing him against the jagged edges of reality and then pulling him back, just to repeat the motion. 

He now, knew that this was his grief plus his soulmate's grief. Their feelings that had been shared with him. The bond that she had to face alone. Something, the both of them had to work with if they wanted each other. The Namjoon from 3 months ago wouldn't stopped one second to break the bond, but the Namjoon today? 

When did he know that the girl inside did things to him? Things that he was unfamiliar with. What was he supposed to do when this truth had made its painful entry, just when he had started to fall for her?

"Namjoon, go! She needs you." Sora said, gently touching his shoulder. 

Namjoon looked up, his eyes rimmed red as he nodded to Sora's words and picked himself up the floor. Sora touched his arm, which made Namjoon look at her, with red-rimmed eyes and almost overflowing tears. 

She wordlessly, enveloped the taller but younger man in a hug, burying his face in her shoulder, just softly caressing his hair. Namjoon, at finding such a loving and reassuring touch finally, let the dams open. His tears flowed out like raindrops, as his shoulders shook and his sobs muffled in Sora's jacket.

Jin sighed at the sight of his younger, who now stood in the arms of his soulmate, crying his eyes out, at a loss of what to do and how to do it. He sprung up from his seat and touched the rapper's hair, the dark blonde hue from the recent comeback, and sighed remembering what he saw.

He had walked into Namjoon's studio, just a few days after Mishil got the job as Sora's assistant to find the soulmates lying down on his couch, dazed off. While in Namjoon's arms slept his soulmate, her fingers tangled in his hair.