Chapter 10

Matron Clarice's P.O.V:
When I hears about Maud, my heart skipped a beat. I don't know why I doubted her for a minute, especially over Julie. Bromicker. Matron Bromicker. I understand there has to be consequences. God knows i hand out a fair few. But you know who's a bad egg... and you know who's the next Foundling star.
"now, Arabella, it doesn't have to go this far, honestly. Not for a simple mistake that can be rectified. Please," Bromicker stopped in her tracks. I know why - the door in front of us read neatly - "LADY HELENA - GOVERNESS OF THE FOUNDLING HOSPITAL AND CHAIRWOMAN FOR THE BOARD".
If I were her, I'd be nervous too.

Maud P.O.V:
I waited a brief moment to be sure that both the matrons had departed the hallway before I entered. I had been in enough faux trouble today, I certainly didn't need anymore, especially real.
"you just keep slithering your way around Matron Clarice, you're such a suck-up and sad life you can't even accept even an hours punishment!" Mabel walked up behind me from around the back of the kitchen, presumably just to pester me as if she has nothing else better to do.
"you need to be tidying, Mabel, I suggest you finish it while you can. Good practice for the mediocre house you'll get assigned to when you're of age because you can barely mop a floor" I retorted.
"think that's an insult? I really don't care. The house I will get assigned to is my mothers, when she eventually finds me, or I find her." I casually laughed in her face, slipping out the room leaving her to tidy the entire kitchen (I was slightly jealous), while I had just short of half an hour of free time before church cleaning. I decided to go on a hunt to find Nirella, although I think she had a shorter class. Luckily, I believe it was gardening or something in the outside of the hospital so easier to find when she may be walking around the outer grounds.
After wandering for a little, asking many people if they have seen from her and many resounding 'nos' and 'go always', I tried the church. She is quite a religious soul also, so I was hopeful I could find her in there, and I was right. But she wasn't alone... her hand linked to another, but it wasn't her own.

Authors Note:
Still finding some time to write slowly, getting back into the rhythm of updating and the progression of the story. This chapter is quite short but i am a firm believer of writing something and getting it out there before you second guess, and I've just got home from an nine hour night shift so im hopefully understandably quiet haha. rought in a new P.O.V! What do we think of Matron Clarice... there is going to be much character development i promise you :) Have a good hump day gals and guys.