Chapter 49

As y/n sleeps quietly Cortana continues to calculations to use the day

She sits in a chair with a holographic overlay floating in front of her

Cortana:No, too much adrenaline would pump blood too fast...if I reduce his resistance and increase his speed...based on multiple fights this would lead to temporary dizziness, the moron thinks I don't notice...compensate with motion sickness aid...I'd need to ask y/n about other things...

She looks out the window and sees the sun coming in

Cortana:Guess he needs to wake up soon anyway, we have a day until the test...

Smiling, Cortana walks up to him and shakes him gently

Y/n:5 more minutes...

Cortana:I heard that last time and you ended up sleeping for a few hours...

Y/n sighs as he rolls himself out of bed and onto the ground as a thud is heard

Cortana:You are so dramatic y/n...how I put up with you is anyone's guess...

She smiles as she helps him stand up

He yawns and looks at the time

Y/n:5:50? You usually let me sleep until 6:00 at least...

Cortana:I have a couple of questions that would aid my calculations greatly...

Y/n:Shoot...

Cortana:You aren't scared of them but let's just say you were scared of snakes, would you jump into a pit of snakes to save me?

Y/n:You aren't affected by poison or pain why would I be worried?

Cortana:This is a made-up situation y/n, let's say it did...

Y/n:I mean if what All for One said us not being close could kill us so yea I guess...

Cortana:Let's take it a step further and say that was not the case...and that you were not enhanced in any way...

Y/n:I would still jump in, no second thoughts...

Cortana:Even though we would most likely both die?

Y/n:Yes...

Cortana:And why is that?

Y/n:Well it's either you and I die knowing I did my best to save you and we die together or you die while I panic trying to make a decision...without you, I'd be a dead man walking...I guess I am a bit dramatic...

Cortana:So you would put aside your fear and put your life on the line to save me?

Y/n:Without a second thought...

She leans towards him and whispers in his ear as Cortana blushes a bit while doing so

Cortana:Well are you my little hero...?

She kisses him on the cheek

Y/n:Hey, there's still a chance we still die, that's also an option...

Cortana laughs

Cortana:Okay y/n thank you, that was a great help!

Y/n:If it's not some secret plan, do you mind telling me why you needed to know that?

Cortana:With all the things I calculate it should be no surprise but I'm a bit of an overthinker, I ponder on an idea and attempt to perfect it before even attempting it, unfortunately, if something bothers me I need confirmation on multiple instances, you have shown me multiple times that you are willing to put your life on the line to help others and I excluded myself for some reason when you fought my father you showed me I wasn't an exception...