Chapter 28

When Cortana finally takes the two to the island they walk inside and see Mei watching the news

Mei:Did you guys see Endeavor while you were down there? Looks like he got Hero Killer Stain...weren't you two down there...?

Y/n grits his teeth slightly and speaks

Y/n:When we arrived,Endeavor was already finishing up his fight with Stain...we helped a bit but Endeavor did most of the work...

Mei:Well at least you guys showed up to help,and its a good thing Endeavor was there to allow you to use your quirk!

Y/n:Yes...I waited for someone who doesn't even know me to tell me what to do with my own quirk...

Mei:So did anything interesting happen?

Cortana exits y/n's body and speks cheerfully

Cortana:I punched Stain!

Mei:Really?

Y/n:It was very weak,I don't even know if you could call it a punch...

Cortana:Y/n!

Mei:Well I'd be surprised if you had hit him hard...you just got feeling in your hand so it's understandable you don't know how to properly punch someone...

Cortana:I've observed y/n do it many times! If I can adapt to quirks I can definitely throw a punch!

Mei:Well come on you two,we'll all have to go to school soon!

We have an estimated of 7 days before we have to return to school

And as the days quickly goes by Mei keeps a log of the events of the six days

Day 1: After the recent events of Cortana attempting to punch,she has now started practicing which is good! Unfortunately for y/n it has been mostly on him which is less good but I'm sure he doesn't mind,and I'm sure Cortana wouldn't do it if he couldn't handle it...

Day 2: I gave Cortana a pencil and told her to try her best to draw something or write a letter,she proceeded to scribble on the paper which y/n is now keeping....he said (with a big smile on his face) "You did your best and thats all that matters,you're smart and will get it soon!" They are so adorable!

Day 3:Cortana made breakfast this morning...it was eggs but she did a good job,although they are very simple to make this is a big step for her personally...I know she won't admit it to y/n but I know she likes it when he praises her for doing something...it must be hard to adjust to something such as a completely new sense but she's doing quite well...

Day 4:She has started to learn how to write y/n's name consistently well...although she knew how to spell it, her problem was being able to get it on paper from her own hand but a lot of tracing and mimicking later,she seems to understand how to write...better than y/n at this point due to her having access to basically a dictionary (which he is not afraid to admit just to embarrass her)

Day 5:As Cortana has been practicing punching on y/n,she has progressively gotten better,to the point where y/n has to block a bit,its definitely not the strongest punch but not the weakest...it'll be a good backup...

Day 6:Today was cut abruptly by y/n saying All Might needed to speak to him...probably nothing serious...up to this point they were having an off day since tomorrow we head back to school,as today went on I saw how human Cortana really is...I saw her just...talking to y/n about random things...its quite sweet to watch...Y/n transported me back to my house after I gave him the address...my conculsion for this week? Cortana isn't an A.I and she's not just a quirk...she's much more than that...Cortana means more than that to Y/n...she's not perfect as she makes mistakes but that just makes her more human but I do know one thing,she's perfect for y/n...and he's perfect for her...I hope to see them again in the future...Mei's log...signing off for now...

Elsewhere, Y/n walks into All Might's office

Y/n:Hello All Might...

All Might seems to be serious

Izuku has already filled y/n about All Might so he's not surprised by his appearance

All Might:Hello y/n...why don't you take a seat...this may be a lot to take in...I've already spoken to Izuku...

Y/n sits down

All Might:I heard your internship went well...

Y/n:Very much so...

All Might:I also heard that...you got into a fight with Stain...

Y/n:Yea...Endeavor-

All Might:I was notified when you,Izuku,Todoroki,and Iida were in that situation...I know what happened...I read reports that Stain got a taste of your blood...what happened to you afterwards?

Y/n:Surprisingly,I couldn't move...Cortana hadn't seen something like that before so she had to figure out while I was handling it to the best of my abilities...

All Might:So if he tried it again it wouldn't work?

Y/n:No,Cortana has added it to her list of things to counter...if its not something simple like enhanced speed or physical resistance...I usually need to get hit by whatever it is first...Stain's quirk being so unique means there would have been no way Cortana would have had a way to stop it...

All Might:Well y/n this brings up the question...are you related to All For One?

Y/n:No...

All Might:I suppose you'd like to know how I came to such a conculsion...

Y/n:Yes...I would...

All Might:You see All for One is like a quirk like One for All but All for One has the ability to take quirks away from people...when you render someone's quirk useless,you're basically taking their quirk away when fighting you...

Y/n:I suppose so...but I'm not taking them away from anyone,its merely Cortana adjusting,if she wanted to she could just disable the counter and their quirk would work again...

All Might:Im glad you cleared that up...many thought that you had all the quirks at once but seeing that she can disable them means that you don't at least to an extent...

Y/n:Is that all you had?

All Might:I wouldn't accuse you of something as this with barely any evidence...when All For One takes a quirk from someone they usually end up brain dead like the Nomus we've fought...you're parents are quirkless...

Y/n:Are you saying my parents are Nomus? They aren't...

All Might:You're right...they aren't...they seem to lose all reason...but what I was getting at is that maybe that isn't the case everytime...maybe he took their quirks and they have no recollection of it...so it only affected them slightly...

Y/n:Thats not the biggest stretch...if Nomus lose all if they're reasoning im assuming they lose their memories as well...

All Might:I don't want you to be worried y/n...i'm sure it's nothing but its just a point I'd like to have added so it shows my reasoning...

Y/n:Well I'm glad you had some reasoning behind such an accusation...and I'm glad you spoke to me privately about it...

All Might:Of course y/n...you're a good kid that is going to make many people very proud...that is all y/n...you should get ready for tomorrow...

Y/n:I will...have a good day All Might...