Chapter 33: Dark Reunions

(SCENE: BEACON) (POV: 3RD PERSON)

After Ur'thak's betrayal & remedying their grudges with Oscar, Yang and Weiss felt as if a cloud or a fog have been lifted from their minds and they can think a bit more clearly.

Ruby and Blake are relieved and overjoyed that Yang & Weiss have returned to normal and buried the hatchet between them & Oscar.

But right now, things felt a bit off. Almost like something bad was about to happen.

Right now, Team RWBY are taking a stroll around Beacon. "Glad you two are finally back to tip top shape." Ruby says. "Thanks sis, being stuck in a bed sucks." Yang said.

"And I must say: we're extremely happy that you two finally make up with Oscar. Considering how you two can be stubborn and hard headed." Blake jokingly says as he gives Yang's head a few knocks to prove her point, causing them to chuckle at this.

Suddenly, they were swiftly knocked unconscious by an unknown force. All that can be identified is three separate laughter: one male and two females. A portal opened up as the three attackers jumped through while carrying Team RWBY on their backs.

(SCENE CHANGE: UR'THAK'S TOWER)

Ruby was the first to regain consciousness as she starts to get freaked out at her surroundings. "W-Where am I?!?!? Girls!!!!! Where are you?!?!?!?" She screams in fear as she suddenly hears the groaning of Yang, Blake and Weiss.

"R-Ruby?" Yang asks in a half dizzy state. "W-What's going on?" Blake asked. "And what in Remnant just hit us?" Weiss questions as the girls took notice of their surroundings.

"What the fuck?" Yang questions, without trying to be child friendly at all. Suddenly, they heard a wicked laughter, a laughter Yang and Weiss knew all too well.

Emerging from the shadows, like a demon from the underworld, Ur'thak approached them with three shadowed figures behind him. "Yang, Weiss, so glad to see you two again." He says with mocking politeness. "YOU!!!!" Yang and Weiss exclaimed with hatred in their voices as they struggled to get out of their ropes and strangle Ur'thak.

"Let us out so we can kill you?!?!?!?" Yang exclaims. "You're gonna pay for almost killing us, you freak of nature!!!!" Weiss screamed with hatred in her voice. "SILENCE!" Roared Ur'thak, silencing the two girls and terrifying the other two.

Ur'thak then regain his composure. "Fortunately for you four, I won't kill you all for that little outburst." He says, shocking Team RWBY. "Besides, you four are easy to kidnap and use at bait. I mean, why else would I waste my precious and valuable time with you brats." Ur'thak monologues.

Team RWBY's eyes widened in realization. "Oscar." They said in unison as Ur'thak starts chuckling. "Yes. And now, he'll perish & die by the hands of my new Heralds." Ur'thak says as he gestured to the shadowy figures in the darkness.

Upon squinting, Team RWBY were in shock and horror at who his new Heralds are.

(Scene Change and small time skip brought to you by Petals and Ice Cream.)

Meanwhile, at Shade Academy, Oscar and Anya were taking a nap on the couch while the rest of his team are cooking up lunch

Meanwhile, at Shade Academy, Oscar and Anya were taking a nap on the couch while the rest of his team are cooking up lunch. Suddenly, Oscar's scroll starts going off, waking him up from his nap.

"Ugh, whose calling me? I'm napping with my daughter." He grumbles as he checked his scroll to be a message from Ruby. He opens up his messages to see her sending a video.

Confused at this, he plays the video. However, his sleepiness has been quickly shaken off when he sees Team RWBY tied up and red stained eyes, indicating a long period of crying.

Suddenly, Ur'thak came into view with a wicked grin on his face. "Descendant of Dhark, my new heralds have captured your new friends. If you wish to free them, then you must defeat my heralds in combat at your bloodline's ancient battle arena, without the use of your powers. Do so, then I'll free them. However, should you fail, then we'll keep on taking your close ones and make them suffer horrible fates." Ur'thak explains, causing Oscar's anger to raise.

The video ends as Oscar turns off his Scroll and carefully moves himself from the couch as to not wake Anya. He then turns to his team. "Sorry girls, but I'm afraid I have to skip lunch." He says as the girls, while saddened, understood why he needed to do this due to them overhearing his conversation with Ur'thak.

(SCENE CHANGE: DRAGON ISLAND) (POV CHANGE: OSCAR)

After returning to my birth place in Dragon Island, I make my way to the ancient arena we used to have. It was where we had most of our competition here, since a lot of the area was either taken by animals or claimed by Grimms.

The battle arena isn't long from my old village. Just need to head this here path and there it is, our old battle arena.

As I walked through the main gate, I can see Team RWBY restrained and hang up on vines while three hooded figures are in front of them

As I walked through the main gate, I can see Team RWBY restrained and hang up on vines while three hooded figures are in front of them. "So, your old sterile bastard of a master couldn't show himself, huh?" I mockingly questioned, hoping to get a raise out of them.

But, they remain unfazed by the insult. "What? Your parents didn't tell you it's impolite to ignore someone when they're talking to you? They must have, because I've had better conversations with brick walls then you." I mocked again, trying to get underneath their skins, but it didn't work.

Suddenly, I heard Ur'thak's wicked laughter. But instead of one place, I hear it all over the area. "Descendant of Dhark, so glad you've arrived. I was already planning on kidnapping that team of yours. They would helpful in both fighting and breeding new warriors for me." Ur'thak says, making ME angry at what he said.

"But enough of your team, now your main concern is against my Heralds. And you should know them well, considering your past with them. Heralds! Reveal yourselves!" Ur'thak orders his heralds as they discarded their cloaks and masks.

I was beyond shocked to see who these heralds really are: my old Team. They looked a bit more monstrous & their skin colors have darkened to an ashy gray kinda color. Their bodies have black glowing vein like markings. Their eyes are like empty black voids while having demon horns on their heads. Their nails have become similar to claws.

"And to think you guys wouldn't sink so low as to serve a man like Ur'thak." I said as Ur'thak chuckles evilly at me. "I merely wanted them for their negative energy. But after seeing how much hatred they have towards you and how strong their powers are, I figured I would enslave them and turn them into my personal heralds." Ur'thak says.

"Now then, my heralds, kill the Descendant of Dhark and help me conquer these wretched lands!" Ur'thak orders as my old team charged towards me.

(Here's chapter 33 done. Sorry if you were expecting a fight, but I decided to push it to another chapter. Apologies for this, but sometimes compromises have to be made. Anyways, y'all knows what's next.)