8 | Perfect little arrangement of atoms

• Kartik •

" Are you not feeling well princess? " I checked the temperature of her forehead but it was normal.

" No, " she muttered softly.

" You again had a breakdown over a book ? Hadn't you? " I asked, assuming it to be the reason.

" No, but I guess I'm going to have it soon, " she clutched my shirt in her small hands.

" When are your exams ? " I drawed circles on her back.

" The next day after our marriage"

" What? I'm going to postpone the marriage until your exams are finished, " I said calmly.

Even if I don't want to postpone the marriage I have to.

" No, I'm fine with it. I just need to study one night before the exam, " she replied casually.

Yeah, she is not serious about her studies.

" I'm going to make you study, and trigger a warning : if you try to melt me with your crying then sorry in advance, not gonna work if it is about your studies " I warned her and she whined.

" I can study by myself, I'm intelligent enough, " she defended.

" Yeah, I have seen " i scoffed.

" But- "

" No, quiet. "

" You always make me go quiet " she hit my chest although it didn't hurt.

" Enough ranting Princess, sleep " I tightened my hold on her as she wriggled and tried to move out of my arms. " Stop wriggling or else I will make you study now
"

She stopped moving and after a couple of minutes I heard her snoring softly. I stared at her sleeping figure and stroked her hair. She was on top of me sleeping peacefully while I sat on the bed.

If someone barges in the room then I'm so dead. I fear that badi dadi must be coming anytime.

I can't even leave naira alone. She would wake up and cry after seeing no one else in the room except her because of her phobia.

I tried to slide her into the bed but her hold tightened and she cuddled more into me.

" Princess, " I groaned.

I heard the door knob curtling sound.

Oh-shit

Carefully I slid naira to the bed and covered her with a duvet making sure she is still sleeping comfortably.

" You're such a perfect little arrangement of atoms " I whispered and pecked her forehead.

I heard someone Knock on the door.

Must be badi dadi!

Preparing myself to face her, with so much courage I opened the door. Acting normal I calmly walked past her but the next second her words made me numb.