17 | Is she going to kiss me ?

• Author •

Naira sighed as she looked over the balcony. He was standing near a cozy couch staring at the beautiful night sky. She thought to go and stand beside him but decided to leave him alone. He needs time.

Naira had hoped that everything would be fine tomorrow morning and thinking for the best she slept on the sofa and waited for tomorrow morning.

Kartik on the other hand was being restless. He knew that Ansh was gone but the mere fact of him being near naira gives him nightmares. Only he knew what she went through when that creep had tried forcing him on her.

He hit his hand on the balcony rod as he realized it was their first night of being together and here is how they were celebrating it.

Next morning :

Naira's sleep broke as sun rays fell on her angelic face. Her eyes trailed around the room finding him but he was not anywhere to be seen.

" Is he still on the balcony?" She asked herself and quickly checked but he was not there.

Naira thought he would be downstairs but it was only 6 in the morning and no one was awake as everyone was tired after the wedding. She thought to get fresh and then go and check upon him.

Dressing up in the simple red saree paired with white light jhumkas and the necklace that akshara gave her. She looked beautiful in the saree.

She moved from the room and checked for Kartik on the ground floor but couldn't find him. She saw one worker in the kitchen and asked her " Have you seen kartik anywhere? "

" Yes mam, he's working out in the gym room that's why he told me to make his protein shake " The worker said.

" Oh, handle me with this work. You can go and take rest " Naira smiled at her as she nodded and left from there.

" Who does workout early in the morning? " She shook her head and started preparing his protein shake.

••••

••••

After making it she moved to the first floor directly into the gym room. She rolled her eyes as she saw kritika on the treadmill doing exercise drooling over kartik who was furiously hitting the punching sack in his boxing glove.

Stepping inside she gave kritika a tight lipped polite smile receiving a quirk "morning " from her.

Naira stood beside Kartik at a safe distance because she was obviously not planning to get a punch straight through her lungs from kartik.

" Good morning, here's your protein shake " Naira spoke cheerfully but got ignored by him. Kritika chuckled out loud and received a cold glare from naira.

' At Least he could have wished me a single good morning ' Naira thought and whined. She stared at him and her breathing stopped for a moment seeing his perfect biceps, 6 pack with some nice veins.

' They would definitely feel amazing pressed to your body with no distance between you two ' a little voice in naira's head said as she shook her head whispering " what am I thinking"

" It's enough for today kartik, stop " Naira said as she was getting irritated by him giving more attention to the sandbag more than her so she stepped between the sand bag and Kartik.

The sandbag was about to hit naira but Kartik changed their positions in time. The sandbag hit Kartik's back as it got torn and the sand split on the ground. Naira stared at Kartik with wide eyes with the protein shake bottle still in her hands.

" Are you out of your mind ? " Kartik yelled, scolding her.

Naira just stared at him and said " you were not listening to me "

" So you would come in between and wish to get hit by the punching sack ? " Kartik pinned her to the big glass windows. His one hand on her waist holding her and the other on her cheeks making her look in his eyes.

" Why do you always invite trouble to yourself? " Kartik said gently and naira swore if he would keep staring at her like this and hold her onto him like his dear life then she wouldn't mind taking risks like this.

" Because I know somehow you will always be there to save me, " naira whispered. They were so close that they could feel each other's warmth.

Kartik glared at her while she jutted her lips. She eyed Kritika who was right behind them watching everything and thought to create a scene. Naira held the collar of Kartik's sleeveless gym hoodie pulling him closer.

Kartik stared at her frowning because she is not that bold to take steps like this. He held her waist tightly when he felt her close near his face. ' Is she going to kiss me ? ' was the only thought repeating inside his head.

Kritika who was watching this from a distance fumed in jealousy as she thought they were kissing and left from there before she burst out like a volcano.

Naira left Kartik pushing him aside gently before bursting into fits of laughter as kritika's face was 'dekhne layak'.

" What was that ? " Kartik snapped looking at her laughing, clutching her stomach.

" I- i was just messing around with kritika," she laughed. " You should have seen her face " she struggled to breathe as she was sure she would die from laughing attacks today.

" Ridiculous" kartik murmured and left from there drinking his protein shake on his way to their room.

" Ridiculous, huh ! " Naira mimicked in a deep tone and followed him to their room like a lost puppy.

" Why are you following me ? " Kartik turned around asking her in his usual deep voice.

" What do you mean by why am I following you ? This is my room too. I have every right to do whatever I want to do here. " Naira exclaimed, smiling cheekily even though she wanted to throw a glass of water on his face.

" Whatever! " Kartik put a hand through his hair and left for the washroom to freshen up.

" He is definitely having mood swings like a pregnant woman. Never mind I know how to handle you " Naira sounded devilish as something fishy was definitely going on in her head.

••••

I hope you'll enjoyed reading the chapter! Next one is going to be hilarious.

Vote and comment
Thank you 💗