10 | Does this ring make me look engaged?

Refered song : Dhalti Rahe - stripped

• Naira •

Checking myself for the last time in the mirror, I turned to leave downstairs with the girls. As I stepped on the last stair I stared at the hall full of people staring right into my soul.

I'm out please- I don't want to be engaged anymore.

" Hey, step down naira " Vivian held out her hand. I gulped and held her hand tightly as I walked towards my family standing near kartik.

" Touchwood, May you both catch no one's evil eyes " Suhasini dadi hugged us after taking our balayein and after some time we went and sat on the seat.

Everyone's eyes were on me. I started shaking my legs as anxiety kicked in.

I swear I'll faint at any moment.

Kartik gripped on my thigh whispering " Easy princess, I'm here " I took a sharp breath and calmed down a little bit after listening to him.

I turned to look at him and my heart skipped a beat. He was dressed in a white and golden designer kurta with small mirrors on it. Messy hairs and a perfect jawline. He is so perfect.

What am I thinking!! He is just my friend.

'Yeah, friend who is soon going to be your husband' my subconscious mocked me and I chose to ignore her.

" Suno " I glanced at him.

" Achi lag rahi ho " i ducked my head low as my cheeks turned gulaabi- tinted at those words he said. I muttered a small thank you feeling shy out of nowhere.

" Time for the children's ring ceremony " Badi dadi said to everyone and Swarna maa brought the rings.

We stood up and mom passed the rings to us. Manish papa gestured to Kartik and he made me wear the ring. Everyone smiled and my friends were going nuts. Then it was my turn and I made him wear the ring. The rings were pretty!

" Congratulations" kartik whispered near my ear and my cheeks heated up.

" To you too " Barely words were forming but I somehow managed to say these three words.

" Attention everyone" Veer held the mic and spoke. " Without dance engagement is not engagement, so we would like our lovely couple kaira to make this moment more special "

" Don't worry i'm joining too " Aryan snatched the mic from veer and said while everyone laughed.

He will never change.

Vivian and Anvi pulled me and Kartik from the stage to the floor. I sighed in relief as I saw my friends with us dancing with dad and papa. I looked at Kartik all nervous as he pulled me closer, keeping his hand on my waist.

Aryan played the song " This town " and he and veer and the rest of our gang joined us.

" I don't know how to dance," I whispered to kartik. Dancing was not my cup of tea and I was never interested in it . Even if I have been to parties , I would stand at the bar and choose to ignore the dance floor.

" Don't worry, follow me" Kartik assured me and I smiled.

Waking up to kiss you
And nobody is there
The smell of your perfume
still stuck in the air
It's hard

I stared at his dark brown worbs and he stared at my hazel one's back.

Yesterday I thought I saw
your Shadow running around
It's funny how things never
Change in this old town