11 | Liking it, are we ?

Refered song: Aadha ishq

••••

Author

" I don't want your pretty eyes to shed tears, so I'm leaving now but " he paused a millisecond and whispered in a cold voice " I'll come back to. take. you. with. me. "

His every word gave her chills. She felt uneasy staying in his presence. She heard a creak sound, and he left. He left. Whispering this to herself she tried to calm herself but all in vain. She wasn't still out of the things that happened to her right now.

Her phone which was on the marble slab rang making her come back to reality. Wiping her tears she got up from the floor still in trauma. The caller's name flashed on her phone's screen as " Kartik ❤️".

Taking a deep breath and fighting with herself whether to pick his call or not she finally decided to pick his call.

" Naira " she heard the worried voice of Kartik.
"Are you fine? Where are you ? " He started throwing questions to her.

" Ye-yeah I'm fine. I was in the washroom, just coming " replying that she cut the call. Kartik sensed something was wrong with her.

Taking deep breaths she tried to calm herself. She walked out of the washroom. Face dull, eyes sore and nose a little red from crying. She didn't know where she was moving to. She just walked until she bumped into kartik.

Again!

" Naira " Kartik called as she stumbled holding him. " I was worried, you should have informed me before going " Kartik pulled her in a hug, sighing.

Naira felt her eyes tearing up, she controlled her tears and hugged him back more tightly. She felt like nothing would happen to her when he's there. He felt like home. Home to her restless heart.

Kartik was held back by her sudden action. He patted her head softly. As they pulled apart he noticed her red nose and sore eyes.

" Why are your eyes sore and your nose red? " He asked. Her breath hitched for a moment.

" Uh- I ate ice cream a lot and I was already having a cold. " She said in a low voice in the fear of being caught.

" Why do you always do that ? You just don't listen to me and here you'll again have a severe cold once the temperature falls during night " kartik scolded her but in a gentle voice.

" I- I'm tired " Kartik heard her mere whisper.

" Let me accompany you to your room "

" No, I can go by myself. I'm not a ki- " she abruptly shut as he glared at her.

Kartik after making sure she's fine came back to his room. He was surprised to see veer and Aryan there but of course that was not a new thing for him.

" Whipped " Aryan said out loud as soon as Kartik entered inside. Veer who was sitting beside him holding a pillow leaning to the headboard shook his head.

Kartik snapped from his thoughts and gave a death glare to Aryan who immediately said " I meant ' WHIPPED CREAM '. You always get me wrong. " He huffed like a small child whose candy was snatched.

Kartik went inside his closet and came out changing into something comfortable. He went to the couch and threw himself over it as tiredness hit him.

" You know we're going to the Lotus lake tomorrow " Aryan said excitedly while squealing.

" Why ? " Kartik asked.

" That's a beautiful spot. Remember we used to go there during vacations when we were kids. Dadi said that we will spend some time there. A small picnic trip maybe. '' Veer said, laying on the bed. Kartik just gave a nod. They talked for some more minutes and dozed off in no time.