16 | Bestfriend, better half, Soulmate

Refered song : Daayre

• Author

After completing some more rituals, Naira was taken to Kartik's room by Keerti and Mansi.

" If you need anything,I'm just a call away, " Keerti said, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

" Take care bhabhi" Mansi said and naira muttered " you too ". They left her in the room so that she gets comfortable by herself.

She looked around Kartik's room and felt a little strange. Although she has been here many times, now being his wife and sharing a room with him was making her heart flutter.

The room's theme was dark. He loved darkness and she was afraid of darkness. What a perfect combination?

The king size bed was decorated with rose petals making it look pretty. On the right corner there was a little desk with a shining lamp, covered around with little plants in the pot making the corner look pretty.

Her breath hitched as she turned around to see to the wall behind the bed. There was Kartik and Naira's marriage photo, in a big frame.
A small smile formed on her face as she looked at the photo carefully. She was smiling looking at him and he was just in 'awe'.

She then went towards the little corner and stared at the moon from the large window. The curtains were fluttering as the cool breeze was hitting them.

Her thoughts broke as she heard a creak sound of the door knob. As she looked around, she saw Kartik coming inside taking small steps. She just stared at him still in her place.

Kartik was amused by her. She looked more pretty with the moonlight falling across her face. Angel, HIS ANGEL.

He reached near her and naira clutched her lehenga, feeling him close. Damn! his cologne was driving her crazy.

" Are you happy? " His deep and husky voice reached her ears and she looked down more as if the floor was more fascinating today.

Kartik held her chin and made her look into his eyes demanding for an answer " I asked you something mrs. Goenka"

If he would address her like this she was sure she would die with the amount of butterflies taking place in her stomach.

Finally gathering some courage, she spoke " yes" just a YES? He wanted to listen to her voice forever.

Satisfied with the answer she gave, he took out a medium sized red velvet box and handed it to her. She stared at the box and then at him.

" Your muh dikhai's gift" She stared at the books and he gestured to her to open it. She uncovered it and as she opened the box she grasped in surprise the music instruments lockets.

" These are so pretty" She jumped like a small kid.

" You like them ? " He asked, his eyes holding the spark of adoration. He was totally in love with her cuteness.

" I love them, " she laughed.

And now they're each other's best friend, better half and soulmate for forever.

She ranted about the lockets to him saying how cute they are and how much she loves them as he listened to her patiently. As time passed, Kartik looked at the clock to see it was already midnight.

••••

••••

" Okay princess, now go and get changed. It's late " he said as she nodded obeying him.

Naira took her night dress from the cupboard and moved inside the closet to get changed while Kartik changed in the room.

While removing her necklaces, naira realized she hadn't told him the thing she was willing to tell him for days.

" Oh god, how can I forget about this " She slapped her forehead and quickly changed out of the closet.

As she looked at the bed, Kartik was removing the petals from the bed and naira shreiked "No". Kartik stopped in the middle staring at her and asked " what no? "

" You didn't just remove the rose petals from the bed, the bed was looking pretty" Naira sounded sad.

" Uh.. i thought it would be uncomfortable for you to sleep with them so- " he scratched the back of his neck feeling guilty.

" It's okay " she said and went to the right side of the bed and Kartik took the left side.

" Kartik "

" Yes princess"

" I want to tell you something, promise me you won't be angry" She said to him.

" What is naira? Spill it out " Kartik grew tense looking at her face.

" You won't be angry right? " She asked as she was scared how he would react to it.

" I won't," Naira sighed in relief.

" On our engagement night, i had met with ansh-

" What ? " Kartik yelped

" Listen to me first " Naira somehow managed to make him shut. " So, when I went to the washroom I didn't know he was there and- " she continued telling him. Within seconds he was cursing him and was yelling ' how dare he ' 'he will die from my hands " after hearing a sentence.

" And you're telling me this now ? " Kartik stared at naira unbelievably with a furious look. " You should have informed me that night, i had asked you many times but no you'll keep everything to yourself, great " he couldn't accept the fact that he wasn't there when ansh scared naira by his presence.

" I was scared karti-k, otherwise I don't keep things away from you " Naira tried explaining herself.

" You had done the same thing before too. If this time something would have happened to you then ? Do you think I would be able to survive? " Kartik yelled as he held her shoulders in a tight grip.

" I'm sorry kartik, I really am. I should have told but I chose to keep quiet. I know it's my fault but please try to understand " Naira's eyes were glossy by now.

" How will I understand, damn it !. You always hide things for me and then tell me to understand? I have told you hundreds of times, if there's something that's happening wrong with you tell me but no you will never listen to me" Kartik bumped his fist on the head board as naira shut her eyes at the sound.

" You— you promised to be not angry " Naira whispered looking at him as he removed his hands from her shoulder saying " Fuck that promise " coldly.

He got out of the bed and moved to the balcony without saying another word to her and she just stared at him without attempting to make him stop because she knew she was wrong this time.

••••

••••

I'll try updating the next chapter as soon as possible 😭.

Vote and comment
Thank you 💕✨