Part 5

Hayate and I walked back slowly to our dorms.

"Are you still going to train with those injuries?" Hayate sat down at his desk in his room.

"Of course not," my phone rang, "Oh? It's him."

I pick up the call, "Heya! It's Shinora, I'm unavailable right now. Please leave your message after the beep, beeeep!"

Kano sounded a bit shocked, "O-Oh um, well, once you get this message, I was going to ask if you want to hang out later at our usuals? I'll be waiting there either way. Alright bye!"

He ended the call as we both burst out laughing.

"No- he can't actually think it's real right?" Hayate wiped his tears of laughter.

"That was my actual voice message when I don't pick up. But, lord, he took that seriously."

With that, I went to get ready. I swear Hayate could hear my whimpers and groans while I took a shower and while I was putting medicine onto my wounds.

I did my best to cover up most of my scars as I put in my disguise.

...
"Shinora, you came."

I smile as I sat down, "Of course, why wouldn't I?"

I could see the bruise on his face. His make up didn't hide it as well as mine, I dipped my thumb in the glass of water as I rub my thumb to remove the make up on his face. I felt his face heat up for a second.

"What happened?"

"Ah, I guess the make up didn't hide it as much, it was just dad problems. I got in trouble as usual." He lied.

"Here, let me help you with that." I offer.

Guilty, I took out a small round medicine and applied it onto his face. He hissed for a moment.

"That should do. Don't touch it and let the medicine sink in." He looks at me.

"I know I'm hot, you don't have to pierce your lazer eyes into me." He blinks away.

"No, no it's not that," he sigh, "I never really, thought I'd be serious about this."

I look at him in confusion, "What?"

"At first when the date started, I never thought I'd hang on to you for this long." He rubs his nape, "I just thought-"

"So you're using me?"

"No!" He slaps his face, "I didn't mean it like that, I just-"

"I could be someone to entertain you while you're bored?"

"Clinging onto you so you wouldn't feel lonely?"

"Be like 'Oh don't leave me~ I need you~' like that?"

"Your toy you can call up whenever you want?"

"No! I just like you okay?" I paused.

"You... what?"

"Wasn't the dates to see if we could work out? Well yes maybe it can. I like you. A lot." He bit his lip.

"I..." Like you too.

But I can't. I can't like you. You're my enemy. How can you be so dumb to not see I'm using you?

"Please say you like me back, I'll do my best to be the perfect man for you."

Only Leo fits that title.

"I'll do anything for you, I'm crazily in love with you. You're in my head all the time."