Part 7

Everything is in a mess. The room, my life, Hayate...

Suddenly Kano called.

"Hey..."

"Hi! Just um, wanted to ask if you're alright. You left in a hurry so I thought something bad happened..."

He sounded worried.

"No.. hey, I'm alright. It's all cool."

There was a heavy silence between us before I decided to break it.

"Hey, um... I was... wondering..."

"Hm? What is it, love?" It broke my heart when he said that.

"Let's... meet up at the tallest building there is? I think maybe we should spend more time in the night. Relaxing right?"

"You're right," he chuckles, "Can't always be hanging out at the restaurant."

I smile and laugh awkwardly, "Yeah, see you."

I can't do this. Not to someone I could finally love after all these years.

But Master was right,

I'm a murderer.

So I decided not to dress up too much. Just made sure I could hide my dagger.

...

I arrived later than usual, my regrets had already grew as big as it could.

"Hey, you came. I thought you were ditching me for a sec."

"Pft, and why would I?" I wrap my arms around his neck.

He pulls me close by my waist, "Who knows? You're so lovely I'd be a fool for you."

I slowly unsheath my dagger.

"Oh really? Maybe you are."

He chuckles, "May our love continue to grow 'till death us departe."

The tip of the dagger was directly facing his back, but wait why did that sound so familliar?

"Wait. What did you say?" I quickly sheath back my dagger before pushing him away slightly.

"My favourite line. I used to use on my first lover. She'd grin so wide whenever I tell her that."

"My... you're..."

"Hm? What's wrong?"

In that split second a flashback hit me.

* F L A S H B A C K *

"Shikari!" A boy called out to me.

He was fair skinned, almost pale. He had the most beautiful pair of black eyes and had black hair. He was so charming everyone in town fawned over him.

That's... Leo.

"Leo! You're back!" I ran towards him.

"Dude! Where ever were you? Your girl was sulking because you were gone you know?" Blushing, I hit Kyle.

Known as Hayate also. Him and his dirty blonde hair and turquoise blue eyes. I swear girls were jealous I was friends with very, attractive I'll say, boys.

"Here," he took my wrist, "May our love continue to grow 'till death us departe."

I grin, I loved it when he says it. I looked at the bracelet, it was made from beautiful shining stones, carved with my initial and Leo's.

It's still with me, just not on my wrist. It's on my left ankle.

* K C A B H S A L F *

"Shinora?"

I gasp, wait..

"He... is... a-..."

Was Sir trying to tell me he's alive..? But how did he know?

"Earth to Shinora~"

I look at him.

"There you are! Hey, are you-"

I push him, he falls as I sit on him.

"What-"

"Shh.." I shush him as I hesitantly pull his hair.

"WAIT-"

The wig fell off, revealing a very familliar black hair.

"No way..."

He bit his lip as I stood up and let him sit.

"I didn't mean to disguise myself," He sighed as he slowly removed his disguise one by one, "But now you know, I'll tell you."

"You're part of the Spy, your name is Leo Lystz."

He paused, "How did you know? Unless?!"

I removed my disguise as well, removing my wig and took out my eye contacts.

"I knew it. I KNEW IT. You fooled me so well. I should've known."

"What? Leo, what are you talking about?"

"You're an assassin. I'm really a fool-"

I slap him hard.

"Now that was unfair. How could you- Why are you crying?"

I didn't realise my tears were flowing out from my eyes. I was so disappointed he didn't remember me anymore.

"Woah what. I should be the one crying." He sounded so confused.

"Leo... what made you think I know your name?"

He shrugs, "How would I know? Wasn't the assassins good at digging informations?"

I cough, as I wipe my tears,

"How could you forget how your one and only looks like?"

His eyes widens.

"Shi... Shikari?!"