Chapter 3

It was 9 o'clock and the office was finally closed. Naomi walked amongst the crowd of staff members making their way towards the exit. She was exhausted. The day was filled with numerous phone calls and discussions with clients. Today she had meetings with two new clients, which went fairly well, but right now she just needed a long bath and maybe even a glass of red wine. Walking down the hallway she overheard discussions of the other match-makers about their clients and the single's ball this weekend. She had to admit she was excited. They often did events at the office but it was never as big as the single's ball each year. She had to make a good impression on her new found clients and potentially work her magic on getting them matched that night.

Approaching the elevator, Naomi stuck her hand in her purse for her car keys. Her movements were swift inside her bag, suddenly becoming anxious when she realized why she couldn't find them.
They were in her desk.

She left them in the top drawer near her paperwork and sighed knowing she had to go back and retrieve them. She pivoted, slightly rushing to the door of room 707. She jiggled the door handle and it jerked in response.

Shit.

She tried again and twisted the handle in frustration, still no prevail. She groaned realizing what she had to do to get to her desk. She had to face the only person who was still in the office after closing time, the person who had the keys-Mr. Mogul.

****
Naomi was lightly sweating. She didn't expect to have to face him so soon, especially when the office was closed and they would be pretty much alone.

She took a step back and abruptly contemplated her options. She could go to his office and ask to open the door, she'll keep it business casual and stay a good distance away or, she could have keep twisting the door handle and pray that'll open.

Looking down at her shoes, she shook her head and inhaled a large breath. Her only option was to be brave and demand respect from him. This morning was a mistake on her part, yes she needed to keep her job but she was still agitated with herself for not speaking up against him.

Coming up to his door, her knuckles hovered over the door frame. To the right was a small sign in bold letters, "Anthony Mogul, C.E.O" There was only one tall glass window to the left which was secluded by blinds but through the blinds she was able to see figures and objects because of the light's reflection. Looking in the window, she saw a figure that appeared to be sitting with their head back towards the ceiling. Quieting her movements entirely, she listened. Soft moans vibrated the windows and she heard the sounds of heavy panting.

Her cheeks began to redden. What the hell was she supposed to do now? Wait until they were done with whatever in there? Why must she have to deal with this?

A flash of embarrassment filled her but without putting too much thought into their encounter; she started to knock with purpose. She wanted to believe her knock was thunderous, lively and unapologetic. She was in control of this situation.

The moans faltered and Naomi heard the movements of papers and hectic whispers.

"I thought you said everyone left," she heard a feminine voice behind the door whispered aggressively.

"I thought they all did!" her boss's voice came out abrupt and frantic.

The sounds of clatter continued for a moment until Naomi heard footsteps come towards the door. Her stomach dropped. She promptly fixed her posture, straightening her spine to appear taller and wiping her tousled locks out of her face. She could do this. All she had to do was ask for the keys to the room and bring them back once she retrieved her car keys. This would be easy.

"What is it?" her boss questioned in an annoyed tone, slowly opening the door.

"Sir..." Naomi answered in an easy tone.

The wooden door suddenly flew completely open and Naomi got a view of her boss, his hair tousled, lipstick smears on his cheek and loose buttons revealing his sweaty chest. She looked away repulsed, but finally mustered the courage to meet his eyes, when they eventually met she noticed that he seemed to enjoy her reaction. His gaze lingered across her body and his stare was similar to the one he had earlier in the conference room but her expression remained calm and composed as he took her in.

"Naomi, what are you still doing here? I'm sure you know the office is closed," he spat out, seemingly interested with her presence.

"Yes sir...but see I..."

"You just couldn't stay away could you," he interrupted, a grin formed on his lips.

"What? No, it's just that I left my car keys in my desk and the door is locked," she responded hardly. She hadn't come to play any games with him; she wanted to get her keys and get the hell up out of here.

"Oh really?" he walked out into the hallway, starting near her. Naomi fidgeted observing his movements.

"Yes, so it would be great if I could get the keys from you to open it."

He looked as if a great idea popped into his head and a mischievous expression crossed his face.

"That would be nice wouldn't it? Or how about I accompany you in getting your keys instead..."

***

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading! I apologize for delay but I'm currently on summer break so I plan on having regular updates!! woohoo (:

If you liked this chapter please vote, comment and share! Happy reading.